Back elbow and hands

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Bucketpapi

Banned
May 28, 2008
Can we please just agree that some FP players don’t need perfect mechanics to have success? I had a 13 year old on our team in our last tournament hit two line drives off a 200 foot fence doing the hands-to-the-ball swing down method. Should we teach that swing to all the girls?

That's the point I was making.

, I don’t consider myself an internet hitting guru. That would be guys like CO who have a website and sell stuff. I’m just a dad and coach with a passion for hitting. Studying and discussing hitting is something I enjoy.

I didn't mean to imply you were, sorry. I was referring to the O'Lerays, Englishbey's, Makins, Boardmembers, of the internet world.

Last edited:

Bucketpapi

Banned
May 28, 2008
Instead they throw out meaningless stats that have nothing to do with whether or not a FP hitter is using HLBB swing mechanics. I suppose it’s easier to change the subject, rather than discuss the actual mechanics being discussed.

It has everything to do with this thread.
Numbers are how success is quantified in baseball/softball irrespective of any mechanics used in hitting.
In other words, strong stats would indicate successful hitting and thus they are using proper hitting technique regardless of any debates on the internet.
In my mind, it's a foolish argument by some (not you) when debating whether a batter had slight bat drag (when viewed frame by frame) on ball that was hit well.
If a player is hitting as Enea is, she must be doing something right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CentralCoastBulldogs