Back elbow and hands

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Clip one, comments?

clip0456.gif

R

RayR

Maybe she just has super quick hands and her mechanics are a non issue.

Feb 14, 2010
Papi,

Her back elbow is leading slightly, now it's not drastic by any means but it's still ahead of the hands. How can you say that her hands are the problem and then say IYO there is no problem. You seem to contradict yourself.

Bucketpapi

Banned
May 28, 2008
Papi,

Her back elbow is leading slightly, now it's not drastic by any means but it's still ahead of the hands. How can you say that her hands are the problem and then say IYO there is no problem. You seem to contradict yourself.

That's why I quoted the word problem.
I was trying to convey the point that if you think the elbows are a problem, which I don't, it's due to her hands.
IMO, hitters that leave their hands that far back (well behind the rear shoulder) will initially have the elbows lead and often create bat drag or will start their swing with a barred arm.
IMO, her swing, even this particular swing, is one I'll so my DD as a model swing.
I particularly am impressed with the way her lower half works.
I love this swing.

Thanks,
BP

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
She is leading with her elbows slightly, surprising for a hitter of her caliber.

A good swing will border on 'bat drag'. It isn't uncommon for the elbow to temporarily get ahead of the hands prior to the "RVP connection point" position.

Personally, I don't see a "vertically stacked rear forearm" in this swing, even at the "RVP connection point position", but I do see a a pinched rear forearm-to-bicep.

1zedx53.jpg

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SecOnd in Comand