Educated hands

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
She’s Paige Holstead. UCLA catcher 4-5 years ago. no pop. Mediocre hitter at best. I’m being nice. Great defender though. I wonder why she gets through the turn well? Look at each piece rotate before each other in sequence.
She played at the highest level and hit .275 with a .358 OBP. She didn't suck. There are players playing at some little D3 college in Maine with perfect mechanics that could never hit PAC 12 pitching.

Jun 8, 2016
There are players playing at some little D3 college in Maine with perfect mechanics that could never hit PAC 12 pitching.
Ok..what’s your point in relation to this thread? The difference between hitting .275 and .400 in fastpitch has nothing to do with mechanics?

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Ok..what’s your point in relation to this thread?
That being in search of "perfect" mechanics may be a hinderance to a players development. To insinuate that Paige Holstead sucked is crazy talk. She competed and succeeded at the games highest level. My guess is, she is a natural right handed batter that mistakenly got turned around because when she was 9 years old she was super fast. Oh, that another thread.

Jun 8, 2016
That being in search of "perfect" mechanics may be a hinderance to a players development. To insinuate that Paige Holstead sucked is crazy talk. She competed and succeeded at the games highest level. My guess is, she is a natural right handed batter that mistakenly got turned around because when she was 9 years old she was super fast. Oh, that another thread.
Sure but this is a thread on mechanics 😂

Of course she doesn’t suck compared to 99% of players (I’ve watched MS softball this week 🤢) but there are hitters who hit .400+ in P5 softball so looking at differences might be useful right? Whether you think your (not you specifically a general you) hitter would benefit from trying to improve their mechanics is up to “you” and the player.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
She played at the highest level and hit .275 with a .358 OBP. She didn't suck. There are players playing at some little D3 college in Maine with perfect mechanics that could never hit PAC 12 pitching.

Alot of that was slapping if I’m not mistaken. Which again is NOT hitting. She was suppose to be much much more. Couldn’t quite figure it out. I think she made the Olympic team also. But was just a defender.

Look if you’re a three to four year starter at a p5 I’m sure you aren’t happy w .275 and .358 w no pop. Especially when your peers or the team average is much higher than yours..

Edit: there are videos out there at driveline and other facilities of her. I’m sure she sought out new info to get where she knew she should be. But just couldn’t quite get there.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez