ASA Rule 3-1D

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 11, 2009
Just make one that is attached to a batting glove instead of the bat and rule problem solved.

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
Have you ever had a hitter hit off the tee? Of course you have... But wait, they don't use a tee in games do they? Those tees are some silly gadgets.

Actually, I agree with that comment. And I do think soft toss and whiffle balls, etc are cute little toys, but cannot replace batting practice. I'm sort of surprised someone isn't hawking the Wii version of batting practice.

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
Some of the best softball players in the world spend 90% of their time in a cage hitting off a T. I have this as a fact! Talk to some of them. Some of the best hitting coaches I know have students only hit off a T or soft toss.

Jul 26, 2010
Hitting off a T teaches how to swing a bat. Hitting live pitching teaches how to hit a ball. They are two different (yet related) skills.

-W

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
Some of the best softball players in the world spend 90% of their time in a cage hitting off a T. I have this as a fact! Talk to some of them. Some of the best hitting coaches I know have students only hit off a T or soft toss.

Of course, they do. How else would they justify their existence :rolleyes:

Not impressed. Never believed in it and there isn't much you can do to change my mind. I prefer Roy McAvoy's approach to Molly Griswald's

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1