ASA Rule 3-1D

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 26, 2010
I kinda wonder about game use of the bat jack myself. The significance of the grip with the index finger loose around the handle are due to the strength and flexibility of the gripping fingers (middle and ring). If you put this device on the bat, it LOOKS like a good grip, but because the index finger is now back go actually gripping again, it seems to defeat the purpose. It reminds me of kids "squishing the bug" because it appears to be similar to what good hitters do, but in reality is far from it.

I think the point of the bat jack is to train the batter into holding the bat correctly by teaching form, not in actually using the device in a real swinging situation.

-W

Jan 25, 2011
IMO, another lazy man's shortcut.

now thats a little uncalled for,I just bought one of these,just to see what a difference it could make with my dd's swing,now my dd has probably hit off a tee,soft toss,and live hitting,from this time last year till now,20,000 balls working on her swing every day,and if she read what you said,she would probably like you to pitch to her so she could drive one back at yoor head,and she is only 12yro..Just because someone buys something like this and tries it does'nt mean they are looking for the easy way out.so next time think before you speak.

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
Used at ASA State no issues. Use it or not, makes no difference to me. But I have kids that were not hitting the ball solid now hitting HR's for the first time. 67 hits in 7 games, not bad. Even with the so called safety tape ( which is a joke, since you can still move the bat jack around on the bat) it was easy to use and remove. The umpires that I talked to at State thought the safety tape added nothing but we followed the rule on the so called safety tape. Anyone that has actually looked and used the device would know exactly what I'm talking about but it is fun reading some of the comments on here.

Last edited:

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
now thats a little uncalled for,I just bought one of these,just to see what a difference it could make with my dd's swing,now my dd has probably hit off a tee,soft toss,and live hitting,from this time last year till now,20,000 balls working on her swing every day,and if she read what you said,she would probably like you to pitch to her so she could drive one back at yoor head,and she is only 12yro..Just because someone buys something like this and tries it does'nt mean they are looking for the easy way out.so next time think before you speak.

Do I need to explain what IMO means? Nice that it works for your DD, but I will stick with my opinion, which the last time I checked, I'm still permitted to have.

Even with the so called safety tape ( which is a joke, since you can still move the bat jack around on the bat) it was easy to use and remove.

Well, that is the part that makes it illegal. You did not get held to that standard and it may be through the umpire's training. However, just be prepared should you run into an umpire/UIC which may tell you to secure it or remove it. Just sayin'

Jan 25, 2011
Do I need to explain what IMO means? Nice that it works for your DD, but I will stick with my opinion, which the last time I checked, I'm still permitted to have.

and I'am allowed to have my opinion,too the last I checked!I was just saying that just because you use a tool to help you get better doesn't make you lazy,well I guess I will no longer value your opinion on any subject,thats my opinion

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
and I'am allowed to have my opinion,too the last I checked!I was just saying that just because you use a tool to help you get better doesn't make you lazy,well I guess I will no longer value your opinion on any subject,thats my opinion

Where did I say you were not allowed an opinion? I'm not a fan of anything "synthetic" tool used as a shortcut to learning the correct method from scratch, but as previously noted, that is my opinion, just as it is that the double base is ludicrous and the result of stupid coaching or lack of any coaching at all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877