Anyone witness any "Hissy Quits" this summer?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
Seeing a few local teams break up, right after national events. Seems some of the girls want to be on better teams. Not sure if they can...

Grass is always greener type of stuff.

Apr 26, 2019
12U B coach walked out on his team today. He didn't have enough girls early commit for next season so he and his daughter just didn't show up. We had a couple guest players coming because of injuries to our players. He called them last night and told them don't come today, leaving us short handed the first game.

Luckily, another team in the organization sent a couple players after they found out.

#ClassAct

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2020
12U B coach walked out on his team today. He didn't have enough girls early commit for next season so he and his daughter just didn't show up. We had a couple guest players coming because of injuries to our players. He called them last night and told them not come today leaving us short handed the first game.

Luckily, another team in the organization sent a couple players after they found out.

#ClassAct
Yikes. Way to burn that bridge on the way out. I will never understand that.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
10u USSSA world series last week while I was waiting to umpire the next game so I was watching.

Parent walks into the team dugout mid game. Tells coach his DD should be pitching.

Something is said. Parent sucker punches the coach. Fight spills out of the dugout.... Parent is banned now. Coach came back next day with a massive black eye.

Nationals are always great for this. All the build up all season leading into it coming to a head as the 'big' show.

Aug 25, 2019
10u USSSA world series last week while I was waiting to umpire the next game so I was watching.

Parent walks into the team dugout mid game. Tells coach his DD should be pitching.

Something is said. Parent sucker punches the coach. Fight spills out of the dugout.... Parent is banned now. Coach came back next day with a massive black eye.

Nationals are always great for this. All the build up all season leading into it coming to a head as the 'big' show.
Damn, I never get to see good stuff like this.........

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
Well there are coaches/peoples who do that and a week later pop up coaching yet another team.
Bridge or not.
Years ago in NC our team imploded on the last day. Our coach asked a substitute pitcher to come help us out. She played 0 innings the whole time we were there. The mom is a nice woman but was livid after spending that much money to help out and not play an inning. The No 3 was scheduled to pitch and the coach put in another at the last minute. The dad, an assistant, packed up their things and left, letting anyone who would listen why they were leaving.

By the time we got to the car we had tryouts set for our next team.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Years ago in NC our team imploded on the last day. Our coach asked a substitute pitcher to come help us out. She played 0 innings the whole time we were there. The mom is a nice woman but was livid after spending that much money to help out and not play an inning. The No 3 was scheduled to pitch and the coach put in another at the last minute. The dad, an assistant, packed up their things and left, letting anyone who would listen why they were leaving.

Geeez that story should be in the
Guest players, what to watch out for....
Could really be
Guess if you will play!

Glad there are opportunities on other teams tho ;)

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta, GA

That wasn't me, but that would have been me in that situation. I just don't understand why coaches do this kind of stuff. Do they really think that the parent is going to be perfectly OK with this? And I'm sure he said some variant of, "She'll get plenty of playing time" when convincing them to pick up. I don't think any parent expects their kid to play every inning when they pick up, but they do expect to play some innings! Clearly, this guy just wanted a warm body in case one of his rostered players got hurt.

Apr 17, 2019
I’ve seen a few, not all this season.

8u coach puts a kid in at pitcher that hasn’t been on the team but for 2 months. Assistant coach loses his mind in he dugout dropping f bombs all over the place in front of 6/7/8 yo, pulls his DD off the field mid inning leaves the tournament, says she should be in the outfield because she hasn’t been in the team all year. A few months later, the girl who was putt in at pitcher makes the all star team, same coach is BFF with the all star head coach. She spends all of all stars in the outfield, and down in the lineup, even though she hit .700+, both coaches in all stars had no clue why she played where she did or hit where she did.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06