Anyone witness any "Hissy Quits" this summer?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
So, we are picking up at a B-level Nationals this week. DD is a C/1B. This team has several 2021's and this is their last tournament. Yesterday, HC put DD in at 1B instead of at C. She was thrilled to play her secondary position. DH and I were actually watching from the car because it's hot as Hades in South Alabama right now.

The 2021 1st baseman's grandmother apparently did a version of hissy quit when she saw that my DD was on first. She told the girl to get her things and "we're going to the beach!" The girl was mature enough to say no and just sat the bench during the game, but Grandma stormed off in a snit. DD felt bad. As a pickup player, she felt bad that she was playing in the rostered girl's place and it's the rostered girl's last tournament ever. But then again, the girl that was catching is also a 2021 and it's her last tournament too. I think HC is just trying to be equitable, recognizing that a 5 day tournament six hours from home is expensive and wanting the pickup he invited to get playing time too. Should be interesting to see if Grandma is back this afternoon or not.
Grandma just had a new bikini she wanted to show off and was looking for an excuse…

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta, GA
That was our question too. Today she didn't play in the field or hit. He let her pinch run once. They're playing tomorrow at 8 AM, but she has an opportunity to pick up locally this weekend, so we elected to go ahead and take off toward home.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
None yet, but we're heading into the last few events of the summer, which tends to be prime season for it. Stay tuned...

As predicted....Hissy Quit Alert!

Pickup Player (PP) for PGF was told from the beginning that she was a backup for 2B if she was unable to play through a recent foot injury, and probably wouldn't play very much. In the tournament, PP got a couple of innings at 2B during pool play games, got a few ABs, and was used as a CR multiple times. She had a critical and productive AB during our game-winning rally in bracket play. A couple of innings into the following game, against a team that was clearly going to eliminate us, PP quietly packed up her stuff and left. On her way by my seat, I asked where she was going. PP responded, "I'm not playing very much, so I'm leaving". SMH. She couldn't wait another 45 minutes until the game was over, and say goodbye with class. The coaches had been planning to invite her to our upcoming fall tryouts - good athlete with potential to be a pretty decent ballplayer. That door is closed. Gawdamn quitter.

Feb 20, 2020
As predicted....Hissy Quit Alert!

Pickup Player (PP) for PGF was told from the beginning that she was a backup for 2B if she was unable to play through a recent foot injury, and probably wouldn't play very much. In the tournament, PP got a couple of innings at 2B during pool play games, got a few ABs, and was used as a CR multiple times. She had a critical and productive AB during our game-winning rally in bracket play. A couple of innings into the following game, against a team that was clearly going to eliminate us, PP quietly packed up her stuff and left. On her way by my seat, I asked where she was going. PP responded, "I'm not playing very much, so I'm leaving". SMH. She couldn't wait another 45 minutes until the game was over, and say goodbye with class. The coaches had been planning to invite her to our upcoming fall tryouts - good athlete with potential to be a pretty decent ballplayer. That door is closed. Gawdamn quitter.

Maybe -- just maybe -- she didn't like playing with your team.

I don't think walking away from a guest playing situation, when elimination is imminent and you're not in the game, constitutes gawdamn quitting. But metrics can vary.

May 24, 2013
So Cal

I don't think walking away from a guest playing situation, when elimination is imminent and you're not in the game, constitutes gawdamn quitting. But metrics can vary.

Leaving a game, in the middle of the game, is quitting. Not a word. She just packed up and left. It's not so hissy, but it's definitely a quit.

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014

Yeah...that's not a good look no matter how you spin it. Too easy for people to notice and then start telling stories on DFP and elsewhere. Don't give them a reason. :censored:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478