Any softball skill benefits to 14u with 24 on the roster ?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
On the flipside, half the reps for each player during practice when they are not scrimmaging..

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
...Lol...@whiporee install air conditioning
Brutally honest humor!
Maybe would help the players hmmm

Dec 11, 2010
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Example #207 of:

The business of softball churns on.

“Because this is how college will be”.

Org heads finding ways to charge more parents dues. Also higher dues.

Org heads gobbling up talent that they don’t want to play against. Or MAYBE don’t want to play against- it’s a win/win. Put that kid on the back burner, her parents pay dues, and I can keep pushing my Extra Innings #__ Player. If she DOES develop, I got her anyway.

Org heads cornering the market on players, monopolizing sheer numbers, forcing the college coaches to come to their table to negotiate. And by negotiate I mean “if you take this kid I can get you that kid.”

The rankings sites that the org heads control to create more value in their commodity. (The commodity is players.)

The tournament directors fueling the hype in order to charge more teams higher fees. Adding games on remote fields.

College coaches enabling it, either through laziness or the fact that the evaluation of players a all levels is the thing most coaches are not good at. “Top ranked recruiting classes.” Allowing org heads too much input on who they should be recruiting…

Tell me again why they are creating teams of 25-30 players? It all about developing the players, right?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Last edited:

radness

Dec 13, 2019
Example #207 of:

The business of softball churns on.

“Because this is how college will be”.

Org heads finding ways to charge more parents dues. Also higher dues.

Org heads gobbling up talent that they don’t want to play against. Or MAYBE don’t want to play against- it’s a win/win. Put that kid on the back burner, her parents pay dues, and I can keep pushing my Extra Innings #__ Player. If she DOES develop, I got her anyway.

Org heads cornering the market on players, monopolizing sheer numbers, forcing the college coaches to come to their table to negotiate. And by negotiate I mean “if you take this kid I can get you that kid.”

The rankings sites that the org heads control to create more value in their commodity. (The commodity is players.)

The tournament directors fueling the hype in order to charge more teams higher fees. Adding games on remote fields.

College coaches enabling it, either through laziness or the fact that the evaluation of players a all levels is the thing most coaches are not good at. “Top ranked recruiting classes.” Allowing org heads too much input on who they should be recruiting…

Tell me again why they are creating teams of 25-30 players? It all about developing the players, right?
To take discussion point from that,

Does that mean these situations could provide better recruitment opportunity?

The particular coach who this post was prompted by
Does have a swift efficient defensive workout he runs.
Players do get that.
Aslo does weekly pay to go fielding workouts.

Jun 8, 2016
To take discussion point from that,

The particular coach who this post was prompted by
Does have a swift efficient defensive workout he runs.
Players do get that.
Aslo does weekly pay to go fielding workouts.
How much PT does the 24th kid on the roster get? The 16th? Even if the kid is being developed in practice, playing 3 innings in a tournament isn't fun 🤷‍♂️ In addition even on the best teams in the country, at 14U getting 3 innings a tournament isn't going to do anything recruitment-wise..Cannot send game clips, nobody is going to see her in person play, etc. If the whole team is fairly equal in ability and each kid gets no less than maybe 30 to 40% of innings during a tournament MAYBE it can work in particular if the team goes deep into every tournament. I certainly wouldn't want my kid on that team though..

Dec 11, 2010
Of course it does.

Is that what you want?

The Uncle Tony’s of the world charging parents fees they can’t pay and then deciding who will play college ball and where they will play?

Last edited:

radness

Dec 13, 2019
Have seen certain coaches draw more college interest.

However have also seen coaches on these type of teams
promote certain players on those rosters, not promote all.

Which would be reason to say if these were two teams playing eachother the same attending coaches could be watching the
un-promoted players actually playing...on an opposing team.

May 12, 2016
No advantage... too many players. In this context I'd even disagree with having enough players to hold a scrimmage because game experience is best experience. Practices are effective at focusing on parts of the game that need focus. Also players are not getting enough game experience when it matters the most.. ie. tournaments. Can you imagine playing on a tournament team with 25 players? Also with 12 players on a team, they can still scrimmage with 3 teams of 4 players, throw a coach in the outfield :).

Dec 11, 2010
Yeah, no kidding, Rad? You shop at Wal-Mart when it’s the only store in town.

Those un-promoted players get a variety of treatments from the Uncle Tony’s:

”Coach, that player can’t play at your level, let me show you this other player,” and 100 other scams these guys have worked out.

The business of softball marches on.

Again: It’s for the girls, right? As long as they can pay the fees.

radness

Dec 13, 2019
Yeah, no kidding, Rad? You shop at Wal-Mart when it’s the only store in town.

Those un-promoted players get a variety of treatments from the Uncle Tony’s:

”Coach, that player can’t play at your level, let me show you this other player,” and 100 other scams these guys have worked out.

The business of softball marches on.

Again: It’s for the girls, right? As long as they can pay the fees.
Shop at wallmart because they have fruit-o-the-loom pocket t-shirts. :)
That Bass Pro Shops doesnt carry ...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1