Another Slapping Question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 28, 2020
At the batting cages working on slapping my DD asked if she is moving in the act of slapping and gets hit by the ball will she get called out?...... I replied no, as long as you are in the motion of slapping and do not make a deliberate move to get hit you should be sent to 1st......

then I said to myself.....Self.....are you sure you gave her the right information.

So I am asking: If DD is hit by a pitch in act of slapping what would be the call?

Apr 20, 2015
Depends if she is just moving through the box hbp take your base. If she is in the act of slapping dead ball strike.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Jan 11, 2015
At the batting cages working on slapping my DD asked if she is moving in the act of slapping and gets hit by the ball will she get called out?...... I replied no, as long as you are in the motion of slapping and do not make a deliberate move to get hit you should be sent to 1st......

then I said to myself.....Self.....are you sure you gave her the right information.

So I am asking: If DD is hit by a pitch in act of slapping what would be the call?
Keep things simple. There are no special rules for slappers. Its just regular hitting but the player decided to just be moving while swinging. If they are simply moving and not swinging then they will get the base unless the pitch was in the strike zone. Of course if they swing and also get hit by the pitch then it will be a strike on the batter, dead ball called, and if its the 3rd strike the batter will be out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez