7 year old swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 11, 2014
Kingsville, Texas
Respectfully requesting your assistance in any words of wisdom. This is a video of my 7 yr old daughter hitting off a tee. In the video she is swinging the Skilz (Albert Pujos) Bamboo Bat 28in. A little about her, she is in her second year of playing she played one full year of tee ball and is about to begin her first season of coach pitch rec.

I would like to say what you see is a result of hours worth of reading on this site and my interpretation of what was read. I do not know if that is good or bad ... I do not have much knowledge of the hitting specifics so pointers on the good and the bad would be appreciated. My daughter really enjoys the fact that I am the one trying to teach her, as I enjoy the time together. I think I’ve tried to teach everything that I have learned from this site but am now at a standstill. Any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks teaching me and thanks in advance for any advice.

http://youtu.be/7WZtubYF2ls

Last edited:
May 7, 2008
Tucson
OK! Those are very nice hits. If I am coaching and she comes up to bat, I am going to start yelling for my defense to "Move back!"

Dec 4, 2013
7 years old? She is awesome!! One thing I was going to say was keep the weight of the load on the inside of her back leg but you addressed that mid way through the video. She is a beast! Best of luck

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Congratulations, you've done very well IMO. In fact, unless you have an outstanding youth softball program, I am afraid she's not going to be challenged, won't improve as quickly as she could, or have much fun if she's limited to coach pitch. I would seriously suggest looking into having her either play up (i.e., player pitch) or play Little League baseball where the skill level, competition, and coaching likely will be much more enjoyable and better suited to her ability and potential improvement.

May 4, 2012
Congratulations, you've done very well IMO. In fact, unless you have an outstanding youth softball program, I am afraid she's not going to be challenged, won't improve as quickly as she could, or have much fun if she's limited to coach pitch. I would seriously suggest looking into having her either play up (i.e., player pitch) or play Little League baseball where the skill level, competition, and coaching likely will be much more enjoyable and better suited to her ability and potential improvement.

they have some good organizations down there (tournament teams) - that are about to be better:)

Feb 11, 2014
Kingsville, Texas

Thanks to all for the good words, glad to hear we are on the right path so far. Any suggestions on what could be better or ways to continue improving. Also is there any ways that I could challenge her during at home practices (drills, games, etc.). She is just starting her first year of coach pitch I think moving her up would be a little much this year. Although I have never thought to put her in baseball.

Her current "select" team is just starting out which is a continuation of the tee ball all stars. The team has great potential but were lucky if we get half the team to show up to practice. The softball program in the area is up and coming more travel teams coming about. There is a very solid team in the area but they only take 8 year olds in hopes to keep the team together throughout the years.
Once again thank you. I will be sure to share your comments with her.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619