2020 What did SOFTBALL do for you?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Zero taste or smell, which is really weird! And I feel like I’ve been hit in the back of the neck and my shoulders with a bat, like the worst case of sleeping on your neck wrong ever, that’s it!

Haven’t had a fever once, it fact it’s staying right between 97.3 to 97.7

Hope that’s the extent of it!

Sorry @RADcatcher.....didn’t mean to ruin this thread!

Best wishes to you. My wife, daughter, and I are all recovering from this now. For me the worst part was fatigue. For two days I barely moved off my couch. I improved from that to the point that one flight of stairs would wind me. It's taken two weeks, but I think the worst is over now. Best of luck.

Mar 22, 2010
Well I had two seniors playing - one in high school and one in college so that wasn't a fun time.

On the positive note and I say this even in non-Covid years - there is a real benefit to getting on a college team even if you don't have high expectations of playing time. The instant friends and comraderie is priceless particularly this year. It was very difficult to meet people on campus with all the restrictions and being on the team really helped to reduce some of the stress.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Best wishes to you. My wife, daughter, and I are all recovering from this now. For me the worst part was fatigue. For two days I barely moved off my couch. I improved from that to the point that one flight of stairs would wind me. It's taken two weeks, but I think the worst is over now. Best of luck.
Thank you, glad you and your family are recovering! At what day did that fatigue hit you after your first symptoms? I’m on day 5 today after realizing I couldn’t taste or smell on Christmas Eve night. Was just tested yesterday though.

Thanks again!

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Thank you, glad you and your family are recovering! At what day did that fatigue hit you after your first symptoms? I’m on day 5 today after realizing I couldn’t taste or smell on Christmas Eve night. Was just tested yesterday though.

Thanks again!

It seems to hit everyone differently. For example, I never completely lost my senses of taste and smell. They are inhibited, but still there. My wife and daughter lost both completely.

I started feeling some symptoms on Thursday, Dec. 3 but it just seemed like a cold. Started feeling body aches and muscle stiffness on Friday, Dec. 4. By Saturday, Dec. 5 it was tough to move. All I wanted to do was sleep. I was pretty bad that entire weekend. By Monday, Dec. 7 I started to feel a little better, but the fatigue was still very real. I would carry my wash up stairs and need a 30 minute nap. The fatigue started to improve by the following weekend. I really didn't feel completely right until the latter part of last week. Christmas Day was really the first time I felt 100%, so it was a three week process for me, all in all.

My wife experienced more headaches and dizziness. She just started feeling better a couple of days ago.

My daughter also had more headaches than me, but was less fatigued. I guess being 21 instead of 52 may have something to do with that ;)

We all still have a minor lingering cough, but we have all been released by our doctor to return to work/school. My daughter is required by her team to have a complete physical before she returns to softball activities. It is a requirement at the college she goes to for all athletes that contract Covid. Good idea based on what happened to that basketball player at the University of Florida.

It's strange how it impacts people differently. I had a work colleague recently die from this. He was 55 years old (just 3 years older than me) and in relatively good health. Honestly, he was probably in better physical condition than me when he contracted it. But in less than two weeks, he was dead. I cannot explain it.

Hopefully yours will be the more minor type and you will be back to normal quickly.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
It seems to hit everyone differently. For example, I never completely lost my senses of taste and smell. They are inhibited, but still there. My wife and daughter lost both completely.

I started feeling some symptoms on Thursday, Dec. 3 but it just seemed like a cold. Started feeling body aches and muscle stiffness on Friday, Dec. 4. By Saturday, Dec. 5 it was tough to move. All I wanted to do was sleep. I was pretty bad that entire weekend. By Monday, Dec. 7 I started to feel a little better, but the fatigue was still very real. I would carry my wash up stairs and need a 30 minute nap. The fatigue started to improve by the following weekend. I really didn't feel completely right until the latter part of last week. Christmas Day was really the first time I felt 100%, so it was a three week process for me, all in all.

My wife experienced more headaches and dizziness. She just started feeling better a couple of days ago.

My daughter also had more headaches than me, but was less fatigued. I guess being 21 instead of 52 may have something to do with that ;)

We all still have a minor lingering cough, but we have all been released by our doctor to return to work/school. My daughter is required by her team to have a complete physical before she returns to softball activities. It is a requirement at the college she goes to for all athletes that contract Covid. Good idea based on what happened to that basketball player at the University of Florida.

It's strange how it impacts people differently. I had a work colleague recently die from this. He was 55 years old (just 3 years older than me) and in relatively good health. Honestly, he was probably in better physical condition than me when he contracted it. But in less than two weeks, he was dead. I cannot explain it.

Hopefully yours will be the more minor type and you will be back to normal quickly.
I’m 55, man that was hard to read! Glad you guys are doing much better. So it hit you hard the day after your first symptoms? Hopefully that’s a good sign for me but as you said, everyone is different!

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
I’m 55, man that was hard to read! Glad you guys are doing much better. So it hit you hard the day after your first symptoms? Hopefully that’s a good sign for me but as you said, everyone is different!

Unfortunately there are a lot of people out there that are not taking this as seriously as they should. Yes, it is far more dangerous for the elderly, but it can have lasting impacts for young people too. The basketball player at Florida collapsed on the court and was hospitalized for several days. After running tests they determined that he developed a heart issue after having Covid. This is a college aged basketball player, so young and strong...

I tend to have nasal congestion most of the fall, so I don't even consider that a symptom. I started coughing one day, felt like crap the next, could barely move the next. But then started feeling better a few days later. My wife really didn't start feeling bad until day 7 or 8. By day 7 or 8 I was already improving. I'm sure there is a logical explanation, but I don't know enough about viruses...

By the way, my work colleague was showing symptoms and got tested. Within 5 days of his first symptom he was admitted. Within a few days he was placed on a ventilator. A few days later, he was dead.

Dec 11, 2010
Had one of my favorite past bosses pass away last week. It hit him hard right off the bat- he was in the hospital very early on made it 43 days in the hospital before a secondary infection beat him. 63, swim coach, was a runner. Awesome guy.

Most of the people who I know that have had it have not ended up in the hospital. Including my wife who kept working from home the whole time. I never caught it- I’m so proud of how hard she worked to make sure I didn’t get it. I’m very lucky to have her.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles