2020 What did SOFTBALL do for you?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Share experiences of how softball was part of this year's journey.
individual ~ team ~ family

What did softball do for you this past year? :)
Was it a goal, a task, a necessity, a stress reliever, a happy place ?!

Has softball given back to you something to take forward ?! ;)

For me softball is a happy place!
Also a STRONG PLACE
A place where resiliency and determination work together.
A place of encouragement and positive energy.
A place where we build by hand a better person.
A place of accomplishment.
A place to look forward to.

This year is especially exciting as i have accomplished now 50 year's in softball! RAD!!!
Happy New Year 2021 !!!

BRING IT ON SOFTBALL STRONG !

Last edited:
May 27, 2013
Softball brought my family opposite ends of the emotional spectrum. Sadness that our 2020 HS season was canceled, the one where we were expected to win our conference; and happiness, for it helped dd get accepted to a top LAC in the US.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
A completely mixed bag, a never ending rollercoaster of highs and lows. Take the good with the bad, it is what it is....yada, yada, yada.... Happy New Year, let's hope the powers that be let the game continue.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Mixed bag here too. Think my DD improved thru it all. Maybe even jumped ahead of the pack by virtue of continuing to play and practice. Feel sorry for the girls that team shut down or disbanded.
I am not necessarily a very relaxed person by nature and constantly looking over my shoulder to see if the police , sheriffs or parks and rec authority is coming to shut the game down again was no fun at all. AZ was fun and DD had a great weekend but it is very expensive and the drive home stinks. Don't think the powers to be will be letting the game continue any time soon. I am hoping that by April Fools Day we will open for play.

Feb 20, 2020
A very bad softball year. COVID really stripped away any chance for her club team to mesh or improve, and high school was a disaster for her. I’m sort of surprised she still loves the game as much as she does, because this year really it really did poop on her.

She’d say it was okay. She led her JV team in ERA, wins, batting average, extra base hits and home runs. But it was still JV, and the whole thing has made her ambivalent about trying out next year. So we’re hoping ‘21 will be much better for her. Hard to imagine it getting much worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Mixed bag here as well. DD had shoulder surgery in October of 2019, so she was planning to miss her sophomore season anyway. Her team ended up playing 2 games and then their trip to Florida was cancelled, followed by the rest of the season. She continued to rehab during the summer and is now feeling stronger than she has for several years. Here's hoping that her team can actually get on the field for 2021.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06