2020 What did SOFTBALL do for you?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Geez hope the testing part turns out to be the worst part!
Swab swab...

Speedy recovery to you @ANNASDAD !
Thanks RAD, the test was really nothing! Hearing the results brought out a raging side of me that I just don’t do, sucks! My work is scrambling to figure out a way that I can remote in cause this is really going to affect my workplace and employees!

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Well, testing positive a few hours ago is just icing on the cake for me in 2020, softball related or not!
Way to end the year on a positive note AD!! Good luck with it, hopefully you breeze through relatively easily. I'm fairly sure that we (as a family) had it back in January before most people knew what it was. We flew to two tourneys in Vegas and a couple recruiting trips, no telling (there was no real contact tracing at the time) exactly where we got it from. One DD had it pretty bad, I had it a milder version (high temps, no sense of taste or smell, aches, lethargy, etc.) while my wife and the other twin DD barely even felt sick.
Buy yourself couple new gloves...you'll feel better!

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Way to end the year on a positive note AD!! Good luck with it, hopefully you breeze through relatively easily. I'm fairly sure that we (as a family) had it back in January before most people knew what it was. We flew to two tourneys in Vegas and a couple recruiting trips, no telling (there was no real contact tracing at the time) exactly where we got it from. One DD had it pretty bad, I had it a milder version (high temps, no sense of taste or smell, aches, lethargy, etc.) while my wife and the other twin DD barely even felt sick.
Buy yourself couple new gloves...you'll feel better!
Zero taste or smell, which is really weird! And I feel like I’ve been hit in the back of the neck and my shoulders with a bat, like the worst case of sleeping on your neck wrong ever, that’s it!

Haven’t had a fever once, it fact it’s staying right between 97.3 to 97.7

Hope that’s the extent of it!

Sorry @RADcatcher.....didn’t mean to ruin this thread!

Oct 1, 2014
USA
I'll throw out one of the positives of this past year regarding softball and my girls journey. While they had graduated from HS and played their last Varsity games (last Fall, went to State and took a local rival to extra innings), given the C-19 shutdowns they were forced to say home with M&D instead of being on campus. Their HS Coach reached out to them and asked them both to be Assistant Coaches for the HS team. They jumped at the chance to help the younger players as well as get extra time on the dirt. They loved it, the players and parents loved having them there and best of all, they got the chance to see the game through a different lens. Being able to work the games as a coach vs player was a great learning tool for them and further cemented their love and appreciation of the game!

As Turbo says....#GROWSOFTBALL

Apr 28, 2014
2020 was a year of adversity, it was also a year of watching our girls overcome that adversity. During the time of isolation many girls got better and some really excelled. 2020 forced many people to get closer to the people they live with. Some got to know those people for the first time and learned that they really do love them. Softball was different for sure but those who took the "risks" and precautions that were required enjoyed a summer of fun and one that will never be forgotten. DD lost her HS season, one in which they were a favorite to win states, and she did some soul searching. Many of DDs age group haven't really faced true adversity as most of us parents prevent it at all costs. The tears when they learned there was nothing we could do taught lessons that hopefully they will carry throughout their lives. Taking things for granted has been a staple for most of their lives. Maybe, just maybe they won't do that going forward and appreciate all that they have.
Happy New Year and as many say that 2020 was the absolute worst year ever please remember that you had the opportunity to spend most of that year locked away with those most important to you. I don't see that as all of a bad thing.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Zero taste or smell, which is really weird! And I feel like I’ve been hit in the back of the neck and my shoulders with a bat, like the worst case of sleeping on your neck wrong ever, that’s it!

Haven’t had a fever once, it fact it’s staying right between 97.3 to 97.7

Hope that’s the extent of it!

Sorry @RADcatcher.....didn’t mean to ruin this thread!
Throughout this have been eating jelly beans and chocolate to confirm my taste buds are still working :)

Thats got to be a weird thing no taste. Is that what tipped you off to get tested?
Suddenly cant taste bacon...😪

👍let the post go where-ever dfp takes it!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414