2020 What did SOFTBALL do for you?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 15, 2013
Seattle, WA
For my oldest DD, 18U, I think softball has been really good for her mental health this year. Her team might not have practiced or played as much as they would have liked to, but she did get to practice and play and I think those opportunities were really important to her. Thank you to robertc3 for working so hard to make those opportunities happen.

She's also come to realize that her best friends are her teammates and those are the friends she's been spending the most time with this year.

Oct 10, 2018
Softball has been the only sane and somewhat normal thing in our house. DD makes the HS JV in 8th grade (starting pitcher and back up V pitcher) only to never get the chance to even practice with team. But new new TB coach really came through and kept coaching the girls via zoom and had them do a book club (reading Mind Gym) and play competitive virtual softball games using timed group exercises and brain teasers. By late June they were back on the field and every weekend was the only chance we had to leave the house and have the normal 4 am grumbling about early starts. It was DD's only social outlet - friends wouldn't/couldn't come over (I'm immunocompromised) Thank goodness for softball.

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
In the grand scheme we were fortunate overall in 2020. Our shutdowns were minimal and we only lost the Spring season. Softball still provided some normalcy and routine. It also let DD have some social time and see her friends.

Despite the challenges I think DD came out stronger. We both learned along the way. And I know I’ll be much more appreciative of everything in 2021.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 9, 2020
2020 gave my daughter during the difficult times a purpose, discipline esp. when all things were closed and on lockdown softball gave her a daily place to vent or just clear her mind. it was truly up and down for her as for most kids and families . recruitment difficult , social life non extisting because of pandemic, on top she tore her quad once things started to open. up a little so that was set back.. in the end it made her stronger physically, emotionally and learned not to take things for granted,,,even the simplest things.can be gone in blink of eye .we as family were fortunate and stayed safe through his time. we are aware of the heartaches other families have had to go through and we are sympathetic to all.. hopefully light at end of tunnel is getting brighter for all and 2021will be an improvement over 2020 and some thing closer to normalcy for all..

Nov 13, 2020
2020 for my now 11 yr old in softball has been good to her. DH was able to practice with her at home every other day and it has grown her passion for the sport. Before I used to wonder if she was doing just because DH loved softball/baseball and was pushing her to play. The practice time has helped her with her confidence and videos of her improvement has let her know the at her hard work has been paying off. We are grateful that it has given her an outlet. Also, it helps that we are in Florida where it’s nice outdoors and she could practice year round!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom