The last act…

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 27, 2022
First, my daughter got into vet school!! Applied to three schools - on the wait list of one and accepted at 2 of them Including my alma mater ( where her brother graduated and sister is a freshman). It’s interesting, several people have told me congrats and I accept it, but it isn’t truly my accomplishment. I feel some pride in what she has accomplished, but my wife is the true talent behind raising good kids. But, I don’t know if there is anything so rewarding as seeing your kids earn it through hard work and preservative.

Second, she’s now into her last season playing softball (D2). My youngest was done last year after high school and we’re trying to be there for our oldest as much as possible. We had our last front toss session together during Christmas break 😥 and here we go. I’m still nervous every at bat and I still get happy only after she gets a hit, but trying to just enjoy it with her, not for her. She has checked a lot of boxes over the years, but the last time through still isn‘t easy. Hoping for a good season for her, her friends, and the rest of the team. It feels like watching a tight game of your favorite team in that we probably won’t relax until after the last game of the last season. Trying to enjoy the ride, but supporting her through the daily successes and struggles of each game keeps the focus on the here and now.

I am so happy her plans for next year are in place (even if vet school is it’s own challenge), but gotta get through this season to get there. And I’m not yet looking forward to taking another step away from the game I’ve grown to love even if walking Away is something we all eventually face.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Agcy. You words did a great job of expressing how I too feel about DD's last season. Instead of holding my breath, I try to focus on breathing. Otherwise, I will pass out. Wishing a great final season to you and your DD.

DD's former college teammate is in vet school at K State who came down for visit in Dallas last weekend and came by the field to watch. She explained the process of applying to vet school and it head my head swimming in circles. There are usually a handful of former players who show up to support the team, which is pretty nice.

Jan 22, 2011
Congratulations. My sister-in-law is a vet and it definitely is harder to get into a vet school than medical school.

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
First, congrats to your DD. Second, congrats to you and your DW as parents. Getting into Vet School is awesome.

These posts always get me in the feels.

Definitely a rollercoaster of emotions. But what an exciting achievement and time for your DD!

Jan 25, 2022
Congrats to the both of you..lol

I think we discussed the vet school thing in my thread before, no? Mine still says that's her long term plan, but I'm still hoping she changes her mind. I just still don't think she can grasp the concept of that kind of debt.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478