2020 What did SOFTBALL do for you?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 25, 2020
Big-time get well soon to AD and everyone affected!

For me, this year has been so long that I categorize, in my mind, alot of pre-virus stuff as "last year"(2019).

I went back through videos of late-winter and early spring of this year and saw what DD and me were doing. Pre-virus we were getting started pitching and getting ready for her first 10u season. Then Lockdowns hit. And with them came 100 page hitting threads, me hitting baseballs into a net and lots of softball online purchases. And no team softball for DD in the forseeable future. Wasnt really a big deal for us but I really am feeling for all the older players/parents. Honestly my DD probly made more progress in the backyard than she would have at practice or *maybe* even games. I really hope next season is a go for everyone.

Anyways, I'd like to give a really big "Thank You" to everyone who takes time to be in this community. Really a priceless resource.

Happy New Year DFP!

osagedr

Canadian Fastpitch Dad
Oct 20, 2016
Not sure we would have survived without softball. Live in a lockdown-happy area so being able to get games in here in Canada while doing two trips of three weeks each to the US to play better competition was amazing. Big recruiting year for DD so emails, Zoom meetings with coaches, uploading videos, etc etc etc were also huge for mental health.

Sep 27, 2015
Softball is what kept my girl going honestly. It's always been her outlet, her happy place. She hates online school and feels like she just keeps getting behind more and more. Her grades have slipped a bit but they are still good. Always been a straight A student and she got an 89% in AP History this Fall. I'm trying to convince her that with everything going on, a high B is just fine but she's taking it as the fact colleges may pick someone else over here one day.

She has a friend that lives close by so at least 4 times a week since everything shut down, they've been at the field. Even in the rain and extreme heat. She has grown leaps and bounds as a player and an athlete. Since we don't really practice much with her team, she's been catching a lot of pitchers during their lessons and also been seeing a personal trainer twice a week, on top of her hitting lessons.

We were lucky in Oregon to get a season from June-August, then again September thru November. We didn't play in huge rated tournaments but the girls got to play and that was huge for their hearts. I think we have one travel tournament in February, then hopefully we get a high school season before our team starts playing again in June.

It's been a different year but I'm so thankful we got to still play.

May 27, 2013
Softball is what kept my girl going honestly. It's always been her outlet, her happy place. She hates online school and feels like she just keeps getting behind more and more. Her grades have slipped a bit but they are still good. Always been a straight A student and she got an 89% in AP History this Fall. I'm trying to convince her that with everything going on, a high B is just fine but she's taking it as the fact colleges may pick someone else over here one day.

She has a friend that lives close by so at least 4 times a week since everything shut down, they've been at the field. Even in the rain and extreme heat. She has grown leaps and bounds as a player and an athlete. Since we don't really practice much with her team, she's been catching a lot of pitchers during their lessons and also been seeing a personal trainer twice a week, on top of her hitting lessons.

We were lucky in Oregon to get a season from June-August, then again September thru November. We didn't play in huge rated tournaments but the girls got to play and that was huge for their hearts. I think we have one travel tournament in February, then hopefully we get a high school season before our team starts playing again in June.

It's been a different year but I'm so thankful we got to still play.
Please tell your dd that one B will not take her out of the running for admissions at the college of her choice. I know plenty of students who have been admitted to Ivies and other extremely competitive schools who had a B or two.

Oct 4, 2018
Best wishes to everyone who is sick.

softball is the one social activity my DD does (outdoor only) so it’s helped us get through 2020. I have only positive thoughts towards softball this year.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
You guys better be really nice to me, I’ve got a couple of you guys addresses. If this thing starts to go sideways, don’t be surprised if a nice glove shows up at your house. Beats my wife taking them to Goodwill.

Remember, saying nice things is the key! ;)

Jun 8, 2016
You guys better be really nice to me, I’ve got a couple of you guys addresses. If this thing starts to go sideways, don’t be surprised if a nice glove shows up at your house. Beats my wife taking them to Goodwill.

Remember, saying nice things is the key! ;)
Not funny..you are going to be fine.....

and if not I will take whatever you have smaller than 12"

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478