2020 Ghost Advanced

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 28, 2014
I kinda figured as much. I'm not exactly ready to upgrade my Ghost especially after upgrading my back up bat to the DeMarini Carbon Candy in 34/24. Besides, I'm still happy with last year's model.
If you watch closely, a lot of the girls in the College World Series are using older bats. Like 5 and 6 year old models that are beat all to heck. You find a bat that you love, keep using it. There isn't enough of a difference in technology of the newer bats to make it worth your while to switch if you love the bat you have now. After all, there are limits put in place by the different organizations that put a ceiling on how hot a bat can get, so what are you really getting with a new model if the old model was already up against the ceiling of what is allowed? :)

It's all marketing.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
If you watch closely, a lot of the girls in the College World Series are using older bats. Like 5 and 6 year old models that are beat all to heck. You find a bat that you love, keep using it. There isn't enough of a difference in technology of the newer bats to make it worth your while to switch if you love the bat you have now. After all, there are limits put in place by the different organizations that put a ceiling on how hot a bat can get, so what are you really getting with a new model if the old model was already up against the ceiling of what is allowed? :)

It's all marketing.

I did take notice to some of the bats the girls are using at the college level and how beat up some of the bats looked. I didn't think some of them were 5-6 years old. But your right about the Ghost. I do love the current model I'm using and the bat hasn't lead me wrong yet. I got back from taking some batting practice with a friend and using her new power carbon and I really like that bat, too. I'll pick one of them or a carbon-1 even if I can find it at a reasonably great price.

Jun 27, 2018
Question about the first Ghost, the blue ASA one. My daughter got one when they first came out. She was absolutely crushing the ball since she got it (I think that was late summer 2017?) it seems dead this Spring . Do bats actually go dead? That ball definitely is not flying off the barrel like it used to. I looked for cracks. I found what could be a small crack low on the barrel but it’s not getting bigger so it’s probably a paint crack. Anyway I’m looking to get the new Ghost. Just wondering if they really do wear out after awhile. She used it for two Fall seasons, two high school seasons, one summer and a load of lessons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 4, 2018
The DD loves the look of the Advanced. I'm interesting in the increased vibration dampening.

Does anyone know the expected release date of the Ghost Advanced?

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I will have some...not gonna go crazy. I am so torn on this bat and what to stock...usually anything over 349 retail tag doesnt
move all that fast but with me, it may sell a little better

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Char4eyes