wilson glove

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 23, 2024
Best glove for outfield, my glove is too small and hurts my palm when I catch
Looking at getting the 12.5" wilson a550 or 700 (about 70ish dollars)
Which glove would you recommend between the two listed above? Or any others in the price range?

Aug 5, 2022
Anything in that price range is going to break down pretty quickly. You might consider adding a padded batting glove underneath or at least stepping up to the A1000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mar 8, 2017
depending on your age, and how long you plan on playing, it may be better to invest in a high quality glove. The A2000 are more expensive, they run about 250, but it can last you many many years, the only thing you'll need to do is relace it (we like to clean our gloves from time to time). I wouldn't necessarily recommend it to a young player, because they're more difficult to break in, but if you plan on playing 4 years of high school, may be worth the investment.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
depending on your age, and how long you plan on playing, it may be better to invest in a high quality glove. The A2000 are more expensive, they run about 250, but it can last you many many years, the only thing you'll need to do is relace it (we like to clean our gloves from time to time). I wouldn't necessarily recommend it to a young player, because they're more difficult to break in, but if you plan on playing 4 years of high school, may be worth the investment.
I bout my DD an A2000 when she was 13YOA. 30 years later, she is still using it when she coaches softball.

Jan 25, 2022
Best glove for outfield, my glove is too small and hurts my palm when I catch
Looking at getting the 12.5" wilson a550 or 700 (about 70ish dollars)
Which glove would you recommend between the two listed above? Or any others in the price range?

If that's your price range, look into the mizuno supreme series. Or if you can go a bit more, look at the mvp prime. They're sold a dick's sporting goods. They break in very quickly and have a great pocket. I've used one for a few years, and we have a few girls on the team that have one. They're really great for the money and the speed at which they soften up. They're close to game-ready as soon as you get it home. They won't last an eternity, but if you need something right away, that's what I would go with. If you have time to break it in, the A2000 is the way to go or a heart of the hide rawlings. But they require a lot of time and effort to be game-ready.

Dec 6, 2019
How do all these college OFs on TV have such huge A2000 gloves, but I can never find anything bigger than 12.5". What are they using??? Does Wilson make larger A2000s for colleges that they don't sell to the public?

Oct 13, 2017
My DD and many of the others on here have been using baseball gloves since 14U. As long as you break them in with a softball, they perform well.

You’re correct. I wouldn’t even think about buying a softball glove.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcworthSoftballMom