2011 Louisville -10 Xeno Composite Fastpitch

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 19, 2009
One thing I wanted to ask is , why are there a bunch of review sites that have exactly the same reviews for this bat? I assume it is the same way for other bats to. Do they take all reviews and just share them amongst the different websites? It has been cold here this spring, so I hope it warms up more so we can try the bat. I am in central Wisconsin.

I've wondered about this myself and can only quess that maybe the reviews are furnished by the bat company or as you suggest shared among different sites.

Jan 31, 2011
Great bat, sound is unique. DD#1 (16 yrs old) broke her Stealth (2007 model) last fall. Bought this over the winter so she could use it indoors. So far great performance. She's had 3 HR in 3 tournaments. I haven't seen stats for BA but I think the confidence thing in her mind is a huge plus...

Jul 19, 2008
I got the FP11X today and my daughter used it tonight. She got walked, hit a pop up to the 2nd baseman, a single and a long double to right center. The short pop up was right off the end of the bat and she said she didnt realize it because it didnt hurt or send vibrations. The long double to right center just popped off the bat and went. It was kind of funny as I was listening for the sound of this bat and it wasnt real loud but did sound different than most composite bats. After the game the coach asked if I heard that bat, and said it sounded like when you use one of those oversize drivers and hit a golf ball, kind of a "tink" like sound almost. He said it almost sound broke. I just said thats how it is suppose to sound, but didnt have time to explain why. My daughter likes the bat so far. Hopefully the hits keep coming.

Aug 10, 2010
received the xeno in a 32/22 last night. DD is currently using cf4 32/22. she wanted to try the xeno so we picked up a slightly used one for $200 on ebay. DD tried both off the tee last night to see the diff.. She loved the xeno, hit bombs off the tee. She is going to use it in the next few games and see which one she thinks is better. Looked like off the tee she preferred the xeno. When you hold the bat by the handle and vigorously shake the bat too and fro, feels like there is movement between handle and barrel, does anyone know if this is normal? I figure it is probally normal, but would like to know for sure. Thanks

Jul 26, 2010
In addition to the Xeno's internal rode with the governor disks, the bat has some sort of gasket between the barrel in the handle that is meant to dampen vibration. That may be what you're feeling as far as movement goes. In a perfect world, this should rob the bat of power, but because they're performance limited by the rules, it may not make a difference. I know my daughter complained of hand sting with some of her other bats but never with the xeno. That said, the CF4 is also very good at minimizing sting so it's likely this isn't a problem for your daughter so she may not perceive the benefit of this particular feature.

-W

Aug 10, 2010
The results are in. My DD loves the xeno. The cf4 will remain in her batbag as she uses her xeno. They are both 32/22 but she says the xeno feels a little heavier and she states the ball comes off the bat much harder. I was there to witness the diff. she's an 8th grader on Varsity and her first game with the xeno she went 3 for 4, with one double and two singles, 3 rbi's, the ball rips off the bat. Yes, she has had big games with the cf4 also, but she says she can feel and see the difference. She is happy and I am happy with the purchase. Thanks starsnuffer I figured the movement from handle to barrel was normal when I saw the o-ring between the two.
GO XENO....YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED.

Jul 19, 2008
Was kind of funny, at last nights high school game, the ump look at my daughters bat twice. He even discussed it with our coach and the other coach as they wa;lked past about how it was just a odd sounding bat. He did grab it and give it a hard shake to check to see if it was loose or broke. Our coach said it sounds like when you hit a golf ball with a driver. The bat so far has been very nice, when you hit the ball with it,, it goes... Was worth the purchase.

Oct 19, 2009
I was watching a SB game on CBS Sports Network last weekend and one of the teams used the Xeno and you could tell the different sound even over the TV.

The bat needs to come with a disclaimer for the UMPS.

The sound of the ball hitting the bat although is not what is normally heard, but does not mean the bat is broken or altered. Or something like that. :cool:

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
One of my DD's coaches picked up a 30/20 for around 180.00 for our 10U team (good deal!). Ball comes off bat well without a perfect swing, must be the governor in the bat. I still think my DD's synergy clarity 29/19 has as much pop for about half the money... just my opinion. Other girls on the team sticking with the Miken Rain Light.

May 15, 2011
My HS daughter has been using a 33/24 for the last month. She loves it and so does every teammate that tries it. Highly recommend. You can find -10's for $199-$239 online.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00