16yo Maddie

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
focus on loading the hands to snap the barrel.. but it includes forearm in to shoulders and torso. Looking for one thing affect other thing up and down the kinetic chain

I like that drill. I have been doing it without the body, body just braces. I’ll add the lower body while keeping the shoulders closed and just TTB behind the lowerbody. 👍

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
" The hands control the swing. Not the body. "
I like a lot you have to say about the swing (anchored back foot specially)
But I would be more on the side that says the body controls the hands. I like the hands (top) to be loose. The hands to be thrown off the body feel.
You probably like Mike Bender's golf instruction. It kinda where the hands go the body will follow. That cue may or may not work with a seasoned athlete but with skinny 12 year old girls I think the swing will get armsy.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
In reference to the video in this post... https://www.discussfastpitch.com/threads/16yo-maddie.39705/post-609698
Here's the tape measure distance on the first hit. I didn't see it land, but the only thing in that area that makes sense for the noise it made was the wood fence across the street from the park.
Screenshot (6).png

The two that were close to the light pole definitely hit the street, and probably ended up somewhere down Canyon Crest Dr - LOL. Google maps measurement might not be exactly precise, but we've verified the distance to the light pole with a metal tape measure, and Google's distance matches.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
" The hands control the swing. Not the body. "
I like a lot you have to say about the swing (anchored back foot specially)
But I would be more on the side that says the body controls the hands. I like the hands (top) to be loose. The hands to be thrown off the body feel.
You probably like Mike Bender's golf instruction. It kinda where the hands go the body will follow. That cue may or may not work with a seasoned athlete but with skinny 12 year old girls I think the swing will get armsy.

If you don’t swing w your hands, what do you swing with? Think about that one for a sec..

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Looks good. Doing a good job of whipping the barrel while swinging down and TTB’ing with free hands while getting leveraged, FYB via rear-leggedness all the while using the middle and staying grounded and trying not rotate. I miss anything?

Yep looks like they are doing identical things :cool: Sorry I guess one is a drill :ROFLMAO:

fDmr7X8.gif

WLuEoH6.gif

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06