16yo Maddie

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 22, 2016
Southern California
For Maddie, there were some other issues coming into play that were sometimes making things less than optimal - the biggest being the tendency for her hands to get away from her rear shoulder. For her, intent to keep her hands tighter seems to be working well to sort that issue out.

Anything work for this, other than her being mindful of keeping those hands tighter? This is a huge issue for my daughter.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
i think the hands getting away from the shoulder early is directly correlated to TTB for force.. Either way. Glad she’s finding ways to get better.

She had that same issue before she learned TTB. It was one of the lingering pieces from her early days.

There was a recent thread where a parent was asking about how to get their DDs game swings to look like practice swings, and there was some frustration that the DD had been working at it for a year. Some stuff takes a long time to get sorted out. This issue has take 8 years, apparently - LOL.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Anything work for this, other than her being mindful of keeping those hands tighter? This is a huge issue for my daughter.

This was something Maddie sorted out for herself. The way she describes it to me, she has added the intent to keep her hands inside the ball. It's not an intent to push the hands forward. The hands are just riding along with the shoulder for a slightly longer time.

The way Maddie talks about it reminds me of a cue from an old DFP'er (@redhotcoach) who was very helpful to me in my early days..."The shoulder delivers the hands".

May 24, 2013
So Cal
This is our 1st time working together. We kinda met by accident. Maddie’s team mate happened to be an incoming freshmen.

Video didn't work. I think it got blocked because there was music playing in the background that created a "copyright infringement".

The timing of Maddie needing a new instructor to reach the next level in her game was a big part of coming to you.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Swing rail or George Brett drill.

I cannot advocate for the swing rail. Every example I've seen - including Maddie trying it - results in a hand push to get it to release. I find it comical that their video examples are full-grown men hitting mediocre line drives barely to the OF grass. That's not really the result I'm looking for - LOL. Maybe your experience has been different.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck