16yo Maddie

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
So TM has no relevance :cool:

"she learned TTB"
"The barrel turning rearward against her rear leg turning forward"
"Her barrel path is still down behind and up through contact"

BYDHaqf.gif
just gonna add ‘educated hands’. Can’t leave my bud 1CA out of this convo. Carry on.
Same as good 😉

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
In my last swing in my swing experiment, I warmed up using the hands like Haley in the gif Mike showed with the Balight training tool, making it bend without using the body and without the hands coming forward. It resulted in what I think is my best swing yet.

Interesting !!! I use the training tool to help sync the hands with the core.. Almost like the flexing of the shaft is felt and funneled through the body.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
DrDrodd’s daughter has a similar swing thought while allowing everything else to be supporters.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Maddie found a new level today...

She's hit plenty of balls over the fence on this field before (230' at the light pole, 250' at the green box on the right of the frame), but usually just into the bushes past the fence. The first hit went past the bushes, the sidewalk, the street, and hit a fence on the other side (est. 270'+). 2 others landed in the street (250'+). The others were in the 240-250' range. After the last one, we moved to an adjacent field where there wasn't a chance of hitting a moving car and causing bigger problems.

This is the best power I've seen from her, so far.

Her self-analysis...
I'm holding my coil longer as I move forward, and it's helping me get my foot down later with more control of my timing. I'm also keeping my hands inside the ball longer, instead of letting them go away from by shoulder, which is keeping me turn tighter and quicker.

Wow! Maddie has really grown up! Looks like she is doing awesome and has a great understanding of what she is doing. This should be a really exciting year for you guys.
I was just cruising through games on espn yesterday checking up on how the girls I know were doing and thought I would see who is still on DFP. This was a great thread to click on first. Great job!

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Wow! Maddie has really grown up! Looks like she is doing awesome and has a great understanding of what she is doing. This should be a really exciting year for you guys.
I was just cruising through games on espn yesterday checking up on how the girls I know were doing and thought I would see who is still on DFP. This was a great thread to click on first. Great job!

Good to see you pop your head back in here, RHC. I appreciate the knowledge you shared with me early in Maddie's journey. It got me pointed in the right direction with quite a few things. Cheers! :)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478