10,000 Hours Doesn't Make You Perfect

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
I know a carpet installer or two who have installed carpet for 30 years and who are still terrible at it in terms of quality installation. I also know a young fella who has only done it for a few years and is one of the best. Isn't that strange how that sometimes is the case.

Jun 23, 2013
PacNw
I know a carpet installer or two who have installed carpet for 30 years and who are still terrible at it in terms of quality installation. I also know a young fella who has only done it for a few years and is one of the best. Isn't that strange how that sometimes is the case.
Hmmm. I have an Uncle in Utah who used to be a carpet installer.

Jul 26, 2010
Quality of practice is more important then quantity. 10,000 hours of quality practice by a talented individual can make someone an expert. 10,000 hours of "putting in the time" won't.

-W

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
What's the old line 20 years of experience vs 1 year of experience 20 times Some people are stuck at just good enough and never advance. Or even try to advance. Others continue to learn and study their craft to get better or more efficient.

Feb 1, 2012
NJ
I heard a college coach at a clinic say. "It is time to stop practicing for softball and start training to be a better softball player."

Oct 19, 2009
beyond the fences
I have seen some DFP members with very few posts who seem knowledgeable and also have
seen members with hundreds of posts that are still filled with dribble. That, in a nutshell is
my scientific evidence

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom