Year around softball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I know it sounds good to some of you that have been socked in by snow, this week. But, it is 8AM and I am on my way to watch 2 of my students pitch. The current temp in Tucson is 31 degrees.

I called one mom this morning and I said "She knows not to use her expensive bat in the cold weather, doesn't she?" Mom (who already has everyone in the car) yells "No! OK! I will turn around and go get the old bat." :)

It is supposed to eventually warm up to 65, I think.

Nov 24, 2009
Chicagoland
Well here's an alternative, it's 9:30am here (Chicago), and I'm off to practice too. Temp, 9 degrees, windchill, below zero, 22" of snow on the ground that the city is still trying to clean up. Yes we are inside in a warehouse but temp inside is 60 degrees and not well lit (relative to outdoors). So we all have our crosses we need to bear (LOL).

-Tom

May 21, 2010
Davenport, IA
LOL, good one Tom! I will probably have a few of the girls out to the shop later today for some batting practice. Yes it is a warehouse. Kinda heated with decent light. As for the snow and temps I can relate - Davenport, Iowa :)

Amy, 31 in Tucson :eek: Didn't think you guys (girls) ever got much below 50 out there. On the other hand, in August we will be complaining about our 90 degree heat wave and you will be laughing away as you fry up another egg on the parking lot :)

Good luck with your practice.

Jul 28, 2008
WOW...I guess I should be glad about our 50 degrees and clouds here in the PNW at 8:50am. I did turn off the heater last night. :) Our first tournament is one month from today, but we're still indoors.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
We don't get much below 50, so, freezing temps are hard on us. I have a relatively new house, but still had a pipe burst, this week.

The sun is shining and there was no wind, so the temps weren't bad.

Coach Tom, I hope you weren't on LSD, the other night.

(non Illinoisans - that means Lake Shore Drive.)

Jun 21, 2010
55 today in SE Washington. It's fun to get out and play catch with the kids. Only thing, throw a baseball and then a softball gets kinda tricky.

May 18, 2009
Had a scrimmage. Lots of new girls and lost older girls from last years team. Need a lot of practice. DD wasn't throwing hard today like in practice. I think she was overthinking instead of throwing hard. Placing the inside stuff nice, tight, and low. Was a fun day and can't wait for more. We are mid 50's.

Jun 10, 2010
midwest
Having spent 2 and a half weeks in Florida...stopping to watch super bowl in Mississippi...only to find out another winter storm was coming through at midnight...so i would have to check out and listen to super bowl on radio as i tried to beat the storm....to arrive home with 12 inches of snow still on ground...country roads still a mess...and another 3 inches coming down now! I am thinking....time share...home school for the whole team...softball every weekend! :)

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Bobby, I hear you. If I had it to do over again, I would have moved the kids here, in middle school. I don't miss the blowing snow.

I held a lesson last night at 6:30 and had to put on a hoody. :)

I have an extra room, maybe I should offer a package deal. Room, meals and softball lessons. Amy

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd