Xeno being discontinued?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 18, 2010
Time to revive this thread now that some time has passed.

How does the '14 Xeno compare to the previous '13, '12, and '11 models?

What about compared to the LXT?
To me, the '14 Xeno looks like a LXT with different paint and graphics.

No need for the LS haters to post about how much they do or don't break. Also looking for a comparison to other Xeno models and not other bats.

DD has the 11' 12' 13' and 14' Xenos. She like them in this order, 14' 12' 13' 11'. For some reason she really loves the 14', says it "feels" the best. The 12' just started a rattling sound.

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
DD has a '13 Xeno and a LXT. She prefers the LXT now, but wants the '14 Xeno.

I was asking to see if we were going to get the '14 Xeno and sell the LXT and '13 Xeno.

Sep 18, 2011
Dd's club is not sponsored by LS or anything like that, but they have a good rapport with the LS rep and they get LS bats relatively cheap. So with few exceptions pretty much every girl in the org uses a LS bat. The 2014 Xeno appears to be the clear favorite. Several girls received LXTs as a Onex replacement, but some have switched to the Xeno, despite the added expense. This all should be taken with a grain of salt. If you search the internet, you'll find plenty of girls who prefer the LXT. I just know what I've seen with my own two eyes. For example, one girl on DD's team hit two homers during the entire summer season. She got her purple Xeno in the fall and hit three homers during one tournament in Kansas City. Does that prove anything? Of course not. But it did factor in Santa's decision to give my DD a purple Xeno for Christmas.

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
If you search the internet, you'll find plenty of girls who prefer the LXT.

True, but I would rather ask here on DFP where all the brain trusts live :)

You get all kinds of wack jobs on the rest of the interweb. At least I know who they are here!

Thanks for the input.

Apr 11, 2012
my DD has both a 14' Xeno -9 and 14' LXT -9, as the college she is committed to is a LS sponsorsed school and wanted her to start using that brand (she had been using Worth bats)....she prefers the 14' Xeno but also likes the LXT...she said she can't really tell the difference, but she started using the 14' Xeno about halfway through the fall HS season and it was really good....man the balls really jump off the model. I hit them both off the tee last weekend and the Xeno feels a little more solid when you make contact, but the LXT was getting the same results.....

Jan 7, 2013
I talked to some Mizzou players about this very thing - only 3 girls on the roster are currently using LXTs over '14 Xenos (and a couple prefer the '13).

IMO it's all about personal preference. Performance is very likely identical.

thought for sure that would prompt my daughter to tell me she magically didn't like her LXT anymore... so far so good on that ;-)

Jan 14, 2011
Michigan
Just talked to a vendor about potentially purchasing a Xeno. Said they are out of stock and will not be receiving anymore of them. I also talked to Louisville Slugger through Twitter about their new LXT that has been shipped to the various WCWS teams that have LS bat deals and that bat will not be in till the fall.

Is the LXT the new Xeno? I was under impression that the LXT was a replacement for the OneX but seems like the OneX will stay and Xeno will be replaced.

Interested to hear others information on the subject.

Certainly, the LXT ($349) is Louisville Slugger's new leader. But the Xeno (still expensive at $300) is out for 2014 but it is essentially the same bat (different color) than the 2013 Xeno.

While both the LXT and Xeno fastpitch softball bats perform very well, our concern is whether or not Louisville Slugger has solved the breakage problem - early returns on 2014 bats, LXT and Xeno, don't look too encouraging right now.

We have over 225 Player, Coach and Parent reviews on the Xeno and about 30 on the new LXT.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Amazing...same bat, diff color (from your "coaches" review), but the vast majority of users will tell you the 14 Xeno is better.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi