Xeno being discontinued?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 30, 2013
Just talked to a vendor about potentially purchasing a Xeno. Said they are out of stock and will not be receiving anymore of them. I also talked to Louisville Slugger through Twitter about their new LXT that has been shipped to the various WCWS teams that have LS bat deals and that bat will not be in till the fall.

Is the LXT the new Xeno? I was under impression that the LXT was a replacement for the OneX but seems like the OneX will stay and Xeno will be replaced.

Interested to hear others information on the subject.

Apr 30, 2013
Awesome. Thanks a lot, I have been seeing a huge price increase on Xenos through eBay and wondered if that had something to do with a potential discontinuation. Really dig the purple color scheme as well. Any significant changes to the bat? Doesnt seem like there is anything different in the description on that website.

Aug 5, 2012
I'm not sure if that's a legit picture of the 2014. Looks like a doctored 2013 with purple replacing blue as the only change, and it's the ONLY website I've found with a picture. Could be wrong, but I'd proceed with caution. I thought I remembered seeing an ASA website with the 2014 Xeno and the LXT both listed for testing. I'll see if I can find it again.

EDIT: It does have the new Louisville Slugger logo, so...maybe?

Last edited:

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
I remember that place as being the first to have pics and preorders for the 2013 xeno last year.

Apr 24, 2010
Foothills of NC
Awesome. Thanks a lot, I have been seeing a huge price increase on Xenos through eBay and wondered if that had something to do with a potential discontinuation. Really dig the purple color scheme as well. Any significant changes to the bat? Doesnt seem like there is anything different in the description on that website.

I think the price increase may have come from the recall of the onex bats being replaced with the xenos. Which wiped out the supply. Hopefully they reinforced the connection point but I wouldn't bet on it. Probably just new paint.

There are a few pictures of the LXT on LS's softball facebook page. I don't know how to link it.

Jan 25, 2011
For those of you, that are willing to buy a bat made by Louisville Slugger. I have these buckets for sale, the bottoms fall out, but I will replace them with another bucket, just like the first one;)

Apr 30, 2013
Not here to start a bat vs bat thread. Being a high school coach I see all types of personal bats come through. Different travel teams form different collective opinions on bats, girls have different individual likes/dislikes, and perception from one buying parent is different from another.

I know which ones work for my girls and the majority of the time the top tier bat from each major retailer is negligible in performance difference with the main selling point being personal preference. Only bat that we have bought that was just an absolute bust was the silver/blue 2013 Worth Legit. Had two break within 200 hits each. The orange/white 454 sent as a third replacement has served very well though.

I normally test out the bats to see which is my personal favorite. For me, I enjoy the Xeno. Also enjoyed the Stealths. I havent been around the new FS/FX series to form a good opinion on them yet but two of our girls are hitting nice shots with them. Our all-area, home run leader short stop enjoys the Xeno. Pick your poison.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1