Xeno being discontinued?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 25, 2011
Not here to start a bat vs bat thread. Being a high school coach I see all types of personal bats come through. Different travel teams form different collective opinions on bats, girls have different individual likes/dislikes, and perception from one buying parent is different from another.

I know which ones work for my girls and the majority of the time the top tier bat from each major retailer is negligible in performance difference with the main selling point being personal preference. Only bat that we have bought that was just an absolute bust was the silver/blue 2013 Worth Legit. Had two break within 200 hits each. The orange/white 454 sent as a third replacement has served very well though.

I normally test out the bats to see which is my personal favorite. For me, I enjoy the Xeno. Also enjoyed the Stealths. I havent been around the new FS/FX series to form a good opinion on them yet but two of our girls are hitting nice shots with them. Our all-area, home run leader short stop enjoys the Xeno. Pick your poison.
I'm a AC for our local HS team. One of LS factories that makes the blanks for their wood bats is less then 5 mins. away from our school. We can get bats and gloves or most of TS stuff at a really good discount and we dont use thier bats. LS has a quality problem with their bats. They I feel have not addressed their issues yet. So as you can see, it would make sense for us to use their bats, but until they can make a better quality product, longer lasting then I wouldn't buy one.

Apr 30, 2013
Absolutely see your point on the subject. I have seen many accounts online of them breaking on the weld between the handle and the barrel. It is kind of disheartening, no doubt. I have never had a problem out of one first hand which is probably why I still favor them. I was speaking on the performance based side of things. It seems that their customer service is great but when people praise customer service over quality of product then there is a problem.

However, I still believe I will purchase the new Xeno when it is available. If for no other reason other than we have a few new Easton F series, 2014 Demarini Insane, and the Worth 454. It would just round out our bat selection as far as player feedback on which bats they would like to have available.

Does your HS team stick to one brand exclusively? I have always wondered what other HS coaches thought about brand mixing to give choices to the players as opposed to having a ''bat deal'' like collegiate athletics.

Jun 21, 2010
DD noticed a coach swing around a purple Xeno at a tryout and of course she just has to have it. I didn't know this was a pre-order bat or I would have asked him about it. Looks like the 2014 model.

Attachments

• fpxn14-rr_xeno_back.jpg
    fpxn14-rr_xeno_back.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 55
Jul 16, 2008
Oregon
The 2014's were selling in Colorado, one of the girls bought one. The only one I have seen in the PNW so far. Yes it's purple :)

Jun 23, 2013
PacNw
I talked to one of our coaches tonight at practice about the new purple Xeno. His DD has used Xeno's the last 2 years and from what he was telling me, the new one is not nearly as hot as the 2012/2013's. He was bummed and said he's going to buy something else.

Jun 21, 2010
DD has the 2013 Xeno and at the last two tryouts she has been killing the ball. Last night she hit the fence at a college field. Three feet higher and she would have cleared it--a first. Good to know about the 2014 not as hot. Seems the CF6 Insane suffers the same compared to previous year bats.

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
Time to revive this thread now that some time has passed.

How does the '14 Xeno compare to the previous '13, '12, and '11 models?

What about compared to the LXT?
To me, the '14 Xeno looks like a LXT with different paint and graphics.

No need for the LS haters to post about how much they do or don't break. Also looking for a comparison to other Xeno models and not other bats.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2010
My daughter has an LXT, she loves it. Ball comes off the bat with authority. Girls on my daughters team also use the 14 Xeno. I like that bat too. Ball is very active off the bat. I can not say which the LXT or Xeno is better both are top of the line bats in my opinon. LXT has a different sound than the xeno more of glass breaking sound but that is the only difference I can see.

For comparison sake, my daughter also has a CF6, which again is a solid bat. I know you were asking for info on Louisville bats, but just giving you the information I have come to see.

My opinion you could not go wrong with any of the three bats I mentioned. Xeno is cheaper than the LXT and the CF6 is right at the same cost level of the Xeno. LXT retail is out right a crazy price. I would not pay full price for any bat I bought these days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dadmad