Wisdom teeth

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 12, 2015
I got mine out at 16. For me it was no big deal and I was back at work in about 3 days. I didn't play sports so I can't say for sure but I doubt it would have kept me out more than a week.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I stopped having my kid's wisdom teeth pulled, after the first one. One dentist wanted to do the 2nd son's, 15 years ago. I said "No." He never did need them out.

Good luck to your DD.

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
Had all four of mine out at 15. Only about 2 days of genuine pain, but I reacted badly to the codeine and had to gut it out. In that state, I would not have been able to function athletically, might have been possible for others with the meds.

Dec 19, 2012
Dry socket is actually called alveolar osteitis. If the healing blood clot comes out prematurely from the open socket the alveolar (jaw) bone becomes inflammed. Hence the pain resulting. Not much you can do for dry socket other than ibuprofen (or stronger doctor prescription) and normal healing by primary intention after 7-10 days. Listen to your oral surgeon, always. ;)

I remember the doctor packing the areas with terrible-tasting material and giving me a prescription for antibiotics. He was also mad at me for not following the instructions on the paper he gave me after the surgery.

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
Depends on the kid and the teeth. My son had a much tougher recovery than my daughter. As others have said could be anything from she can play that night to she's out a week. I'd say most likely is 2 days to heal but that's a very unscientific guess.