Who's mistake?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
Catcher gets the error.

Won't debate who is primarily to blame for the play not being made, but this is absolutely not an error on anybody involved.

You're never going to get errors called (from scorers who know what they're doing) on bang-bang relay plays.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Won't debate who is primarily to blame for the play not being made, but this is absolutely not an error on anybody involved.

You're never going to get errors called (from scorers who know what they're doing) on bang-bang relay plays.
LOL ooops should i have called it a mistake...

Go for it discuss how to do the scorebook! Not my interest
Can decide for yourself when dropping the ball is an error.

Definetly know players themselves who would consider dropping the ball at a tag an error.

Scorebooks and how they read rarely tell the entire story.

Oct 10, 2018
@KrisHur I have 2 questions. First I didn’t see the age group in the thread. Second how much does your coach practice a throw home and what does he instruct?
CoC

This is second year 14U and I don't know what happens in practice as parents aren't allowed to attend/watch practices. (my DD was 1st, not C). The game was already lost at this point: tie breaker, 1 out, runners on 2/3 after this run came in and they had the momentum. Just wanted to see what others thought as it seems this coach (new coach this year) in every single post-game huddle singles out my DD for mistakes and I wanted an opinion on this play as it seemed to me it was poor execution by all involved. C is not coach's daughter - we have paid/non-parent coaches; but C is one of the better players on the team and our primary C.

Last edited:

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
This is second year 14U and I don't know what happens in practice as parents aren't allowed to attend/watch practices.

(my DD was 1st, not C). The game was already lost at this point: tie breaker, 1 out, runners on 2/3 after this run came in and they had the momentum. Just wanted to see what others thought as it seems this coach (new coach this year) in every single post-game huddle singles out my DD for mistakes and I wanted an opinion on this play as it seemed to me it was poor execution by all involved. C is not coach's daughter - we have paid/non-parent coaches; but C is one of the better players on the team and our primary C.
Thats a topic for discussion !!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32