Who said an arm bar is bad?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Like I said, we've been down this road before, I provided many examples of the best hitters in the world(softball and baseball) establishing different degrees of posture based on pitch location. And these were game swings, not warm up swings. Do I need to reference the thread.. because I'm not rehashing all that. I'll let you argue with yourself.

I don’t wanna pick a fight w you J. You asked why posture isn’t really a thing to me. I’m trying to tell you. Instead you want to dismiss. Most don’t use posture to plane. It’s to maintain.Ever heard of ‘keep your chest on the ball’? Try it in a cage. Might figure out a bit.

They use their hands and or arms to plane like JD said. Keeping the chest over the plate at set up is just the best way to cover MORE w less ‘adjusting’. But it’s not an absolute as I’ve shown you. Here are 2 dbsf swings? Lol. Nope just planing the pitch w their arms and hands w good maintaining of posture. Look how upright Chipper is.. 🙂1600646794129.gif28F22D2A-6D79-49CC-BCBE-EB86015A91A3.gif

May 12, 2016
His spine maintains its position. Plenty of posture.
I don’t wanna pick a fight w you J. You asked why posture isn’t really a thing to me. I’m trying to tell you. Instead you want to dismiss. Most don’t use posture to plane. It’s to maintain.Ever heard of ‘keep your chest on the ball’? Try it in a cage. Might figure out a bit.

They use their hands and or arms to plane like JD said. Keeping the chest over the plate at set up is just the best way to cover MORE w less ‘adjusting’. But it’s not an absolute as I’ve shown you. Here are 2 dbsf swings? Lol. Nope just planing the pitch w their arms and hands w good maintaining of posture. Look how upright Chipper is.. 🙂View attachment 19342View attachment 19343
Posture changes depending on where the pitch is located in the strike zone. You just keep on regurgitating the same thing here W, showing me swings of hitters with no measuring stick. Show me a swing of the first hitter where the pitch is located chest height.. posture change will be obvious

Why do you assume I haven't tried this? Try to hit a ball at the knees on the outside corner with the same posture as chest high and inside. Good luck

Same hitter, different posture based on pitch location

Capture4.PNG Capture14.PNG

You know I have more examples, you've seen them before. Why do you deny that posture does not change based on pitch location? One angle is more acute than the other. You keep the chest on the ball by adjusting posture. Like I've mentioned to many times previously, posture is not always perfect, few things are when you are trying to hit a MLB pitch. So yes your hands have freedom to manipulate and assist the barrel in getting on plane. But adjusting posture most certainly plays a part as well.

Before you make this conversation convoluted. Simply address my pics above and tell me if posture is the same in both

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Posture changes depending on where the pitch is located in the strike zone. You just keep on regurgitating the same thing here W, showing me swings of hitters with no measuring stick. Show me a swing of the first hitter where the pitch is located chest height.. posture change will be obvious

Why do you assume I haven't tried this? Try to hit a ball at the knees on the outside corner with the same posture as chest high and inside. Good luck

View attachment 19345 View attachment 19347

You know I have more examples, you've seen them before. Why do you deny that posture does not change based on pitch location? One angle is more acute than the other. You keep the chest on the ball by adjusting posture. Like I've mentioned to many times previously, posture is not always perfect, few things are when you are trying to hit a MLB pitch. So yes your hands have freedom to manipulate and assist the barrel in getting on plane. But adjusting posture most certainly plays a part as well.

Before you make this conversation convoluted. Simply address my pics above and tell me if posture is the same in both

Here’s chipper. I’ve shown you Griffey. You dismissed.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali

View attachment 19345 View attachment 19347

don’t use stills they are misleading. Don’t get upset. Posture can be used for planing. Most don’t do it though.

May 12, 2016
Would like to see the whole swing. Is that a crime? No need to get sloppy J. Try to compose yourself.
Not needed in this case.. we can see posture is much different based on pitch location.. Hard to BS your way out of this one LOL. Is the degree of posture different between the pics I posted? Simple question, shouldn't take too long to answer.

Anyway done with this argument, we've been down this road before. I've asked you same question which you repeatedly ignored.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
C8F155D4-5502-4147-AA1A-A33485D59702.gif

with exception to the two top right(high pitches), Miggy isn’t adjusting anything but his hands and barrel.and the body follows...

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Not needed in this case.. we can see posture is much different based on pitch location.. Hard to BS your way out of this one LOL. Is the degree of posture different between the pics I posted? Simple question, shouldn't take too long to answer.

what you don’t seem to get is maybe she was expecting something? Looking high or low? Nobody’s BSing you. You are confused.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414