Who said an arm bar is bad?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 2, 2015
Woodstock, man
bat drag became a thing when rotational hitting became a thing.
haha, no. Go to a tee-ball game. Every kid has bat drag. They have not been steeped in rotational hitting theories and youtubes.

" What causes bat drag?"

Bat drag is a thing because every kid OPENs their hips as they stride. This causes the forward swing to begin (the back elbow drops).

Bat drag is a thing because zero Dads know how to stride. It's a sad situation.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
haha, no. Go to a tee-ball game. Every kid has bat drag. They have not been steeped in rotational hitting theories and youtubes.

" What causes bat drag?"

Bat drag is a thing because every kid OPENs their hips as they stride. This causes the forward swing to begin (the back elbow drops).

Bat drag is a thing because zero Dads know how to stride. It's a sad situation.

yup. After the dad/coach tells them to rotate their hips for power. I told you guys stop hunting power. Hunt the hit tool.

edit: or when dad/coach gives the kid a heavier bat hunting power again.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
If proper separation is achieved into toe touch/foot plant rotation will happen from the middle out not top-down or ground-up like it’s suppose too. No need to teach it. Stay connected to the ground and use your hands.

Rotational hitting is part of the reason why ‘posture’ is a thing now as well.

May 12, 2016
If proper separation is achieved into toe touch/foot plant rotation will happen from the middle out not top-down or ground-up like it’s suppose too. No need to teach it. Stay connected to the ground and use your hands.

Rotational hitting is part of the reason why ‘posture’ is a thing now as well.
So "posture" doesn't exist in what you teach W?

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
So "posture" doesn't exist in what you teach W?

Not necessarily. Create it at set up or load and use the hands. The ‘rotate’ thing is a great way to get out of posture was my point. When a player thinks rotate, the upper usually goes to early causing flying this or dragging that etc etc.

Don’t get me wrong, I want rotation organically or sequentially. But not to trigger or ‘power’ the swing.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
If the hands are lagging/releasing the barrel posture shouldn’t be a thing to worry about. The chest will stay on the ball bc the player isn’t trying to get power from the wrong place.

May 12, 2016
If the hands are lagging/releasing the barrel posture shouldn’t be a thing to worry about. The chest will stay on the ball bc the player isn’t trying to get power from the wrong place.
Thanks for explaining, but not sure I follow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28