Who said an arm bar is bad?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Pujois without Posture
View attachment 19338

VS

Pujois with posture
View attachment 19339

The degrees of posture is not what is in question. It was how to maintain posture without having to maintain posture correct? Isn’t that what you asked me? I said use the hands and not rotating the upper body. I showed Pujols doing so.

It’s about Maintaining a spine angle through the ball. Not about maintaining a certain amount of bend. Cue a Griffey swing. Very little ‘posture’ per your definition. But has plenty of ‘posture’ to stay through the ball.

May 12, 2016
The degrees of posture is not what is in question. It was how to maintain posture without having to maintain posture correct? Isn’t that what you asked me? I said use the hands and not rotating the upper body. I showed Pujols doing so.

It’s about Maintaining a spine angle through the ball. Not about maintaining a certain amount of bend. Cue a Griffey swing. Very little ‘posture’ per your definition. But has plenty of ‘posture’ to stay through the ball.
Cue up the previous thread where I displayed hitters changing posture(degrees) depending on pitch location. You achieve it as per pitch location and then you maintain it to stay on the ball(barrel path) and create space for the hands. If you don't create the correct "degrees of posture" then you are left with the following options;

1. Chop down on the ball.. literally swing down, steep down to and you do not get on path with the ball
2. DBSF
3. TTB

Degrees of posture(how much the chest is over the plate) mean everything.. otherwise you do exactly what Pujois is demoing, and that's not what we see in a MLB swing

Anyway we've been through this before, let's agree to disagree. I asked you a specific question and you provided a gif.. it didn't explain anything, at least not to me

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Here’s some Ichiro BP. Maintaining spine angle and planing with his arms. Very upright. What gives? Think this guy had over 5,000 hits professionally.

Griffey planes his swing the same as ichiro. Very upright as well. Spine angle is for space and for staying through the ball. It can also be used for planing. But I think most use their hands and or arms.

Posture is not creating a certain amount of spine angle it’s just maintaining what you started with through the ball, like golf. Getting on plane can be done many ways.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Cue up the previous thread where I displayed hitters changing posture(degrees) depending on pitch location. You achieve it as per pitch location and then you maintain it to stay on the ball(barrel path) and create space for the hands. If you don't create the correct "degrees of posture" then you are left with the following options;

1. Chop down on the ball.. literally swing down, steep down to and you do not get on path with the ball
2. DBSF
3. TTB

Degrees of posture(how much the chest is over the plate) mean everything.. otherwise you do exactly what Pujois is demoing, and that's not what we see in a MLB swing

Anyway we've been through this before, let's agree to disagree. I asked you a specific question and you provided a gif.. it didn't explain anything, at least not to me

you’re cookie cutting J. Maintaining posture is simply spine angle. That’s it. So one can stay on plane. Not necessarily GET on plane.

May 12, 2016
Like I said, we've been down this road before, I provided many examples of the best hitters in the world(softball and baseball) establishing different degrees of posture based on pitch location. And these were game swings, not warm up swings. Do I need to reference the thread.. because I'm not rehashing all that. I'll let you argue with yourself.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802