Who said an arm bar is bad?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I don’t wanna pick a fight w you J. You asked why posture isn’t really a thing to me. I’m trying to tell you. Instead you want to dismiss. Most don’t use posture to plane. It’s to maintain.Ever heard of ‘keep your chest on the ball’? Try it in a cage. Might figure out a bit.

They use their hands and or arms to plane like JD said. Keeping the chest over the plate at set up is just the best way to cover MORE w less ‘adjusting’. But it’s not an absolute as I’ve shown you. Here are 2 dbsf swings? Lol. Nope just planing the pitch w their arms and hands w good maintaining of posture. Look how upright Chipper is.. 🙂View attachment 19342View attachment 19343

There is and isn’t a perfect position/posture. Like the Alexander technique there isn’t a correct posture (head, neck spine relationship, although there are some weird posture or alignments).

Last edited:
May 12, 2016
Just bite the bullet and answer the damn question..

Capture4.PNG Capture12.PNG

Is the posture different between these 2 swings? If you are not going to answer this question, let's not bother continuing this discussion

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
There is and isn’t a perfect position/posture. Like the Alexander technique there isn’t a correct posture (head, neck spine relationship, although there are some weird posture or alignment).

I agree everyone has a comfortable position. Some like upright, some like over the plate or in between the two. Now if one is way over the plate they will come up a lot to hit pitches. Rickey Henderson comes to mind.

May 12, 2016
The only issue is that those two swings are a few years apart. If I remember correctly her pro ball swing is/was somewhat different than her college swing.
I've posted examples of Trout, Bustos etc.. all consistent with what we see in Romero swing

May 12, 2016
Are you saying that all hitters have the same posture for similar pitch locations...
Nope.. but to a certain degree yes :). For example, hitters will be more upright on a pitch high in the zone, vs a pitch low in the zone. Unless they are fooled.. hitters still have their hands :)