Who knows the call signs between pitcher and catcher

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 26, 2022
Awesome. I'd like to have my daughter read it as well. She's 14. I would petition you to add her name to the book as well, but you already have. ;)
Thank you so much. I have two team rosters to fill for the book. Please go ahead and send her name and a description and I'll make sure she gets in the book! The book will be in the Ava and Carol Detective Agency books and will be the lead story in the Detective Handbook due out in July.

Thanks so much for your interest!
Thomas

Aug 1, 2019
MN
You might want to spend some time at local tournaments. You'll get some interesting storylines and colorful characters to sprinkle in just watching some of the crazy parents, especially at the younger ages.

Apr 26, 2022
You might want to spend some time at local tournaments. You'll get some interesting storylines and colorful characters to sprinkle in just watching some of the crazy parents, especially at the younger ages.
Great suggestion, thank you so much. I have talked to a couple local coaches and I've attended several games now. I'm going next weekend to shoot some video and interview the girls on a high school team. I want to learn more about the chatter and the conversations in the dugout. I'm actually having a great time doing research for this book. I have a teenage daughter, who is now getting interested in softball, so this may be a win win.

Thanks again for your suggestion!
Thomas

Mar 20, 2014
Northwest
When DD played travel ball, the entire team knew the signs - helped the fielders know where the ball was being pitched and possibly anticipate where the ball would go if hit. That is how DD coaches her HS team as well - everyone knows where the ball is going to be pitched. College teams as well do this.

May 17, 2012
When DD played travel ball, the entire team knew the signs - helped the fielders know where the ball was being pitched and possibly anticipate where the ball would go if hit. That is how DD coaches her HS team as well - everyone knows where the ball is going to be pitched. College teams as well do this.

If they know where the ball is going why don't they just move there.

Do the Auburn players that hop think every pitch is going to be a line drive right at them? Are the MLB defensive players that shift doing it wrong by not moving on the pitch location?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi