Sign Stealing and Cheating

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 26, 2022
The top level of softball right now is Premier Girls Softball http://www.premiergirlsfastpitch.com. In the past, it was ASA softball.

The PGF is extremely competitive at all age levels. Lots of college coaches show up for 16U and 18U games.

If a player were to give the signs to the other team, she would be kicked off the team. There is a remote chance she would be banned from planning PGF softball again.
Brilliant! That's exactly what I was going for! Perfect, thank you so much!!!!!

Oct 10, 2018
Not really sign stealing but at a showcase last summer (16U) an opposing team had a parent stand behind the backstop and tell his batters where the catcher was setting up.

Jan 22, 2011
Not really sign stealing but at a showcase last summer (16U) an opposing team had a parent stand behind the backstop and tell his batters where the catcher was setting up.

umm.... any good travel team tells their parents to not stand/sit behind the backstop so college coaches/scouts can see. Also, how many college coaches would want to recruit a player from a team that a parent is telling the batters where the catcher is setting up?

Oct 10, 2018
umm.... any good travel team tells their parents to not stand/sit behind the backstop so college coaches/scouts can see. Also, how many college coaches would want to recruit a player from a team that a parent is telling the batters where the catcher is setting up?

Agreed, but nonetheless it was happening until one of our parents shooed him away.

Apr 26, 2022
Perfect! Thank you so much. Yes, these are the type of ideas that I need. Very helpful!

Apr 26, 2022
Do colleges and scouts regularly attend high level travel team games?

Jun 7, 2020
I've seen a runner on 2nd base give hand signals toward 3rd base for pitches on the inside part of the plate and vise versa for the outside portion of the plate. They can see where catcher sets up. This happened in 14u last weekend.

Apr 26, 2022
I've seen a runner on 2nd base give hand signals toward 3rd base for pitches on the inside part of the plate and vise versa for the outside portion of the plate. They can see where catcher sets up. This happened in 14u last weekend.
I'm a complete novice at this, so forgive my ignorance. Here's what I think you're saying. They are using the catcher's positioning to determine whether the ball will be thrown (inside) close to the batter or outside. Is this signal given to the batter, so they know what to expect? Thank you so much!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee