Which rocketech?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
DD has switched to her first end loaded bat (SCN2B 31/22) this fall with a lot of success. I am considering purchasing a rocketech for the colder weather. Other than the 04 and 05 which seem hard to find, much less for a deal, are any of the other year rocketechs better than others? Thanks in advance for your help.

Sep 18, 2011
Jdaddy I was in the same boat. needed a second end loaded bat for cold weather and originally was going to go with the RT, but ultimately decided on the Rip-IT Reaper due to positive reviews and a great deal on Ebay. Sorry for the threadjack and i promise you I have no affiliation with Rip-It (DD's number one bat is still the Xeno), but thought I'd give you another suggestion for you to consider. In my unscientific opinion, the Reaper and RT are very comparable. It's all a matter of finding the best deal. Good luck!!

Dec 18, 2010
Buy the '12 RT according to the owner(tumblebug) of Anderson they as just as hot as the '05 after break-in of course. The difference being that the older models are heavier than the newer ones. For instance my DD's '05 30/21 actually weighs 23.9ozs where the'11 or '12 should weigh around 22.5 ozs. You should be able to find the '11 for around $150 NIW w/ receipt.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
There is no difference between any of the RT's. They also do not have a break in period.

Wrong. And wrong again.

Anderson RT's, as well as their Techzillas, are double-walled metal bats. Both these bats do perform better after they are broken in (i.e., the walls flexed) - 200 to 300 swings usually does it. Anderson's Nanotek is a single wall metal bat that does NOT require break in. Steven Anderson could spend more time than you have explaining the changes made each year to tweak RT performance. As the CEO and design engineer, he might really know of which he speaks.

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
My DD has hit with the '05, '07, and '11 Rocketechs. All three were very close in performance so if I personally went out to find one I would look at price first. I always thought the '05's were much better than the others and worth the price until she hit with the '11.

I did not know they were lighter than the older models so that may be one reason she is able to perform with it.

Aug 30, 2011
DE
My DD has the 2b in 31/22 and the '11 RT in 31/22. Likes them both. I can't help you with performance since she hasn't used her RT much. She mainly switches between a 1B and 2B and thinks she needs to grow into the RT. Also talked with someone at Anderson who said the only difference between the '11 and '12 is the paint, but the '10 and '11 are different.

Dec 18, 2010
Wrong. And wrong again.

Anderson RT's, as well as their Techzillas, are double-walled metal bats. Both these bats do perform better after they are broken in (i.e., the walls flexed) - 200 to 300 swings usually does it. Anderson's Nanotek is a single wall metal bat that does NOT require break in. Steven Anderson could spend more time than you have explaining the changes made each year to tweak RT performance. As the CEO and design engineer, he might really know of which he speaks.
Right and Right again

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I have had almost all of them. If you can find an '04 buy it, if not, try for an '05. I sell several of those a year. I just sold a 31 inch "05 for $225.00. I had gotten lucky enough to find it at Play It Again Sports. I still have a 32 inch, '05 available. My DD had the first RT as a freshman. It was our first introduction to an end loaded bat. She owned several different end loaded ones, but none were as good as the '04. The Anderson Company is just outstanding. Other bats come and go, but these RTs are always at the top of the hot bats.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrakesii