Which rocketech?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
If I can get an 11 or 12 for around 150.00, I would rather have a new bat with warranty. It is just hard to pay 250.00or so for an 05 if there is not that much difference in pop or sweet spot. If I am on the right rack let me know. Thanks.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
If I can get an 11 or 12 for around 150.00, I would rather have a new bat with warranty. It is just hard to pay 250.00or so for an 05 if there is not that much difference in pop or sweet spot. If I am on the right rack let me know. Thanks.

I like the way you're thinking. The '12 Nano FP is due to be released c. 10/1 and has my interest piqued. It's a new design - a single wall metal w/ a composite handle and is more balanced than the RT and will be available in -10 and -11 drops.

Jul 28, 2008
I'd have to respectfully disagree. We have used RT's since 05, all needed about 75-100 hits to get full pop. After that they are hot as a firecracker.

I was incorrect. Steven Anderson says 25-125 swings to get the walls separated. Far less than the 200-300 greenmonsters quotes. He does say that there was no difference between the bats, other than the roll pins, until their MOI technology. The bats from the last couple years have more pop in their tests.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
I was incorrect. Steven Anderson says 25-125 swings to get the walls separated. Far less than the 200-300 greenmonsters quotes. He does say that there was no difference between the bats, other than the roll pins, until their MOI technology. The bats from the last couple years have more pop in their tests.

Sorry, I was allowing for the fact that some of the 200-300 swings might result in contact not being perfectly on the sweet spot and evenly distributed about the barrel. FWIW, the difference between 25 and 300 swings is about 1/2 hour hitting off a tee.

Also, if you spend more time reading the information that Mr. Anderson shares so freely over various internet outlets, you'll find that with the exception of the 04/05 RTs, that there have been design changes, some subtle and some major, that have been made annually since the first RTs. You did get the key point though - the 2012 is the best performing RT yet based on ABC's current testing methods and evaluation criteria.

PS - For those who like an endload, you can't go wrong with any RT

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
Just picked up a New 2011 RT for $161 delivered from Ebay. Anyone interested in Demarini Bustos 31/18, Demarini CF4 32/22 or Miken Rain 32/20, very clean?

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
O.K. We borrowed an 2010 RT and DD did not care for it. She didn't like the knob, or the way it felt, says it's not her Easton. Cannot find a rip it to try locally. Any other aluminum -9 Eastons besides the cheap cyclones? Anybody used the connexion bats? I know they have a composite handle but I was wondering how well they hold up in cold weather. Are they end loaded? Thanks

kCo

May 16, 2011
I know this is an older thread but it is funny how my daughter fights against what doesn't "feel" right. We are on our way to a really good swing but change has been a bear!

Jan 25, 2011
O.K. We borrowed an 2010 RT and DD did not care for it. She didn't like the knob, or the way it felt, says it's not her Easton. Cannot find a rip it to try locally. Any other aluminum -9 Eastons besides the cheap cyclones? Anybody used the connexion bats? I know they have a composite handle but I was wondering how well they hold up in cold weather. Are they end loaded? Thanks
once she gets use to the knob she wont want any other bat.My dd started out with the nanotek and we picked up a RT for her to get use to for next year and she loves it. She loves her cf5 insane still a little more then the RT.Just remember the bat guy has to eat too!!! So dont be afraid use those comp. bats:cool:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TaraLynn0207