Which rocketech?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
What makes the RT's so good ? Is it the hit ? Does the ball go farther ? Is it just a feel ?

A. It is an end-loaded bat. B. It's weight is distributed differently than other bats - the solid aluminum weighs 1.4 oz and serves as a counter balance of sorts. Anderson identifies the RT as a -9 drop bat, but that is the "swing weight", which is 2-3 oz less than the scale weight. Essentially this means a player can swing a heavier Anderson with the same effort that they can swing a lighter bat. More mass at impact with the same swing velocity translates to greater distance. C. The sweet spot is smaller than most good composites. D. The RT will expose poor swing mechanics. E. If you can hit with a RT you can hit with anything. F. The Rocketflex is Anderson's composite handled version of the Rocketech and is getting good intial reviews - still endloaded, slightly lighter, no hand sting, similar performance. It seems like a winner. G. Everybody else swings a CF5 or Xeno so the DD can find her bat easily! H. American designed, manufactured, and owned.

Dec 11, 2010
DD has an 07, 05 and a 12. The 05 and 12 are both 31's. Both are very good bats. The 05 sounds much different than the others and she prefers it.

She told me the 05 is heavier than the 12. I put it on a postal scale which confirmed it to be 1/2 oz. heavier. DD is 10. Don't doubt your daughters.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2010
Why is RT a great bat?

1) hot bat in right girls hands.
2) hit all the machine balls you want then use it in games too.
3) might not be the biggest sweet spot of all bats but its probably the best.
4) sell it on eBay when she's done with it and someone will get a great bat.
5) can buy a new one in wrapper on eBay for $159 shipped off season.
6) ever heard of a RT warranty return?

If a RT is the right bat for your DD, feel blessed. DD (the older one, 15 years old) said tonight that she swung an insane for a year and never found the sweet spot but she can find it on an alloy with a supposedly smaller sweet spot.

Jun 8, 2012
WV
Don't shoot me, but we bought 2 DeMarinis yesterday. a CF5 Insane and a CF6 Hope. I was on the phone with them yesterday and this was their recommendation. After seeing the other team with a CF5 Insane- we had to have one, but after reading your posts- I was lost.
An RT could be in her future- just not immediate- as in today because the bats have been ordered.
Thanks Guys !

Jan 25, 2011
Don't shoot me, but we bought 2 DeMarinis yesterday. a CF5 Insane and a CF6 Hope. I was on the phone with them yesterday and this was their recommendation. After seeing the other team with a CF5 Insane- we had to have one, but after reading your posts- I was lost.
An RT could be in her future- just not immediate- as in today because the bats have been ordered.
Thanks Guys !

My dd has 2 cf5 insanes and wants the cf6, but she still loves the RT. I will be buying both if she gets some good news from her Dr. in June.

Oct 22, 2009
PA
I'm pretty convinced my older DD "needs" a RF but I can't convince her!

At the risk of repeating myself, I buy bats because I want them. DD just gets to use them.

Also have an '04 RT in my team bag that I found at Play It Again Sports a few years ago. Too heavy for DD (she is only 5' tall and the bat is a 32/23). Just waiting for the right offer...;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clawdog