Which bat is best? I can tell you!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2011
GM, we play a tournament indoors on the 23rd.

I'm going softball crazy right now. I drove by the high school diamonds today and caught myself trying to figure out if we should be getting the two feet of snow off it before it melts. I think it will help to see a few games on the 23rd...

After posting that above I reminded myself that I went with the 2x shoulder width plan to determine bat length. She did well with a 31 RT all last summer and her bat speed is way up even since fall so she is GTG I think.

Gotta try to hide the crazy a little better I guess :)
Westwind I think we are all going crazy...we are supposed to be getting the field set up soon and it's buried also. I've been putting a couple hundred swings a week on DDs bat to help with the winter softball blues, lol.

Oct 10, 2011
At the senior's clinic the other day of 25 girls, I saw only 4 Easton's, 1 Rocketech, and the rest was split between Xeno/CF5/6.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
At the senior's clinic the other day of 25 girls, I saw only 4 Easton's, 1 Rocketech, and the rest was split between Xeno/CF5/6.

Was this an inside clinic? Don't know the lengths or drops, but it is interesting that only 5 were swinging bats that are known to run heavy. Do you know if some were using lighter bats to highlight their bat speed? Unless you're directly measuring exit speed, distance is hard to judge inside.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
GM, we play a tournament indoors on the 23rd.

I'm going softball crazy right now. I drove by the high school diamonds today and caught myself trying to figure out if we should be getting the two feet of snow off it before it melts. I think it will help to see a few games on the 23rd...

After posting that above I reminded myself that I went with the 2x shoulder width plan to determine bat length. She did well with a 31 RT all last summer and her bat speed is way up even since fall so she is GTG I think.

Gotta try to hide the crazy a little better I guess :)

I'm jonesing too! I'm off to FL for a SB fix in 24 days so the forecast for a foot of snow tomorrow doesn't bother me.

I decided to buy 16-year-old DD an Easton FX1 34/25. She had an Easton Stealth Clarity (green) 34/24 and loved it. I suppose this heavier FX1 will be a beast of a bat if she can swing it. Might be that she swings herself around an overly bulky bat. I guess we'll see.
Have you weighed her old Stealth? It may be closer to 25oz than it is to 24oz, making the new FX1 very similar in weight.

The FX1 is a beast. If she likes it .... look out! Just pound the crap out of it to help break it in. :)

Oct 10, 2011
Clinic

Unfortunately it was indoors do to weather. They didn't test bat speed there so I'm just assuming they were their regular bats. One coach borrowed DD'S SCN2B a couple times... told her she was lucky:)

Oct 10, 2011
Fx1

DD'S FX1 has thousands of hits on it and now has a very slight wobble... used to be really stiff. It is on fire and not going to be used for practice anymore.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
br_pickoff