Which bat is best? I can tell you!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 31, 2012
DD swung the 31/21 cf5 tonight for first time. Said it felt similar weight to 30/20 cf5. But the ball really jumped off the bat. She loves it already.

Oct 10, 2011
Rumors

I had heard a rumor that Easton was releasing a new -8 Power Brigade late Feb. So that was another reason. .. They had no knowledge of that.
I have bat buying issues:)

Update: After all our work with different bats, we've had some changes. Three more girls on the team have ordered the Louisville Slugger LXT (one other girl already has one). One of the girls currently uses the SRV4B, one a CF6 -11 and the other uses a CF5 -11. The girl with the 4B is getting a -9 LXT.

Another girl is moving from an Easton FS1 to CF6 -11.

One girl is moving from a 4B to a Mako.

One other girl wants to move from her 4B to the LXT but her parents won't cough up. Can't say I blame them as there will be three girls on the team with LXT 32/22s, which is what their DD likes. :)

Interesting note: Given the experience to make an informed choice, five out of twelve girls on our team prefer the LXT to all others. I know there isn't a lot of feedback out there yet for the LXT but I found this to be significant.

Dec 11, 2010
This is a really good post. I just bought 11 year old dd a 31 Rocketflex, she is 5'2" 115 and I'm wondering if I went too small.

Talk about an expensive mistake if it is, only one I could find was full retail. Ugh.

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
I decided to buy 16-year-old DD an Easton FX1 34/25. She had an Easton Stealth Clarity (green) 34/24 and loved it. I suppose this heavier FX1 will be a beast of a bat if she can swing it. Might be that she swings herself around an overly bulky bat. I guess we'll see.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
This is a really good post. I just bought 11 year old dd a 31 Rocketflex, she is 5'2" 115 and I'm wondering if I went too small.

Talk about an expensive mistake if it is, only one I could find was full retail. Ugh.

Relax, you should be good, but if you erred, it was more likely on the too big side.

Dec 11, 2010
GM, we play a tournament indoors on the 23rd.

I'm going softball crazy right now. I drove by the high school diamonds today and caught myself trying to figure out if we should be getting the two feet of snow off it before it melts. I think it will help to see a few games on the 23rd...

After posting that above I reminded myself that I went with the 2x shoulder width plan to determine bat length. She did well with a 31 RT all last summer and her bat speed is way up even since fall so she is GTG I think.

Gotta try to hide the crazy a little better I guess :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ourLadGloves