WHEN THE OTHER PITCHER DOMINATES

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 26, 2020
Nice to find other people in softball who have been around for some years. As have i.
Also had the opportunity to play with the mens fastpitch team Long Beach Nighthawks.

Interested in reading your thoughts on what you may have seen as a differences in womans to mens game in fastpitch?

As for the teams batters having the opportunity to put the ball in play vs. Striking out.
Raise my hand to put the ball in play!
Strong Beach has been a hotbed of fastpitch activity for a long time. Al Arbogast did great things.

The difference? I don't see any really other than men playing one and women playing the other. Men's fastpitch was big at one time in the US, but slowpitch won the race because its easy and anyone can play it and it requires zero skill. My job was all about dollars and cents. More slowpitch players of both genders and more women's fastpitch players meant more money. It was simple. Men's fastpitch died a slow and painless death because of it. Good money was being paid to Lisa Fernandez for her bat deal. Reebok was paying her also. Michelle got a Worth deal. Slowpitch guys were getting stupid money for nothing. Everyone was fat and happy. Once the sports got big the sponsor money dried up. Right now the market for both is good.

Back to put the ball in play. How can I get my batter to change what they've been doing all season and years for that matter to make a difference in this game where I'm facing a dominant pitcher? You just keep rolling the dice and see how it works out

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Strong Beach has been a hotbed of fastpitch activity for a long time. Al Arbogast did great things.

The difference? I don't see any really other than men playing one and women playing the other. Men's fastpitch was big at one time in the US, but slowpitch won the race because its easy and anyone can play it and it requires zero skill. My job was all about dollars and cents. More slowpitch players of both genders and more women's fastpitch players meant more money. It was simple. Men's fastpitch died a slow and painless death because of it. Good money was being paid to Lisa Fernandez for her bat deal. Reebok was paying her also. Michelle got a Worth deal. Slowpitch guys were getting stupid money for nothing. Everyone was fat and happy. Once the sports got big the sponsor money dried up. Right now the market for both is good.

Back to put the ball in play. How can I get my batter to change what they've been doing all season and years for that matter to make a difference in this game where I'm facing a dominant pitcher? You just keep rolling the dice and see how it works out
IMG_3375.jpg
Screenshot_2020-08-21-14-26-16-1.pngIMG_3375-1.jpg

Feb 15, 2017
Might be screwed your batters cant hit well, but doesnt have to be concede the game with batters strugling on same path/plan over and over.

625ender you write often what good coaching can do. Are you actually commenting~ let it happen, screwed.
Be surprised if you dont have a plan B?! :)
I'd ask some of the girls on the Olympic team. They've play some of the best, and all of them can hit well.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
I'd ask some of the girls on the Olympic team. They've play some of the best, and all of them can hit well.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Like that suggestion!
Heres what i can share towards that.
Can remember playing against, and with, olympic players to be in travel, college and womans div....
Like Julie Smith- SPEEDMAZING!!!
( talk about tap and go zoom)
Heres a couple Olympic pitchers
Caught Michelle Granger.
Clocked at
71, 72, even reached 73 a few times.
Wild movement flying at you!
Absolutely batters utilized small ball against her!
We did when playing against Michelle and Debbie Doom pitcher UCLA
(not every at bat)
Both these pitchers saw batters use strategies to try and even the odds.
Playing that caliber use everything!
This area grew up playing eachother and pitcher's who all went to top tier D1.
True there are some kick rear hitters at that top level.
Certainly some better than me.
I still gathered a hitting record at the CWS. However my batting average over the years was helped by my deception as a batter being able to do more than just swing.

Sharing again, glad there are different strategies.
They create variety of competition!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish