I need a "bracket" pitcher? What exactly does that mean?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2018
Once my daughter (10U) is taller, I'm not sure I'd care as much, but sitting on a bucket puts me quite high relative to her height and to batters strike zones at that age. I just think a small stool makes more sense.
No shame on the bucket people, but count me in for a short stool or the like. It allows for the feet to be protected by the shin guards and I can get to anything I want to. I agree with the people who say the bucket target is too high. Yes you can lower it, but I feel my target on the short stool is a better start.

May 18, 2019
Hmmm 😏 the bucket as a target~

One other thought. While my kids hate pitching to a grid since I stopped catching, both of them claim it's made them better because it is objective and unforgiving. I will say as my daughters hit about 50 buying full gear was a great investment as I had a very painful bone level skin bruise for about 4 months just before.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
One other thought. While my kids hate pitching to a grid since I stopped catching, both of them claim it's made them better because it is objective and unforgiving. I will say as my daughters hit about 50 buying full gear was a great investment as I had a very painful bone level skin bruise for about 4 months just before.
And don't forget steel-toed sneakers.

Nov 9, 2021
You’re forgetting about the opportunity for a daughter to significantly injure a parent. Guaranteed if a spot has potential to injure me, it is hit every time.

I am pretty sure the chance my daughter could hurt me with a pitch is part of the reason she is willing to practice so much. It’s a win win to me. She practices a lot and I get to keep my reflexes as sharp as they can be at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 27, 2013
I am pretty sure the chance my daughter could hurt me with a pitch is part of the reason she is willing to practice so much. It’s a win win to me. She practices a lot and I get to keep my reflexes as sharp as they can be at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just think I look less ridiculous bailing out to the side than falling off of a bucket with an errant pitch. 😂

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles