I need a "bracket" pitcher? What exactly does that mean?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 31, 2012
I see this in message boards and rooms all the time. What actually does that mean? I coached travel for quite awhile, and never advertised that i wanted or needed a "bracket" pitcher? Do "bracket" pitchers not pitch in pool games anymore?

I tried to carry 4 pitchers on my squads (sometime only had 3) but they all pitched pool games and bracket games.

And if you advertise that you need to "fill out your roster with a bracket pitcher" what are your other pitchers, pool pitchers?

So please enlighten me on this "bracket" pitcher thing?????

Oct 9, 2018
Texas
Do you think the term "looking for a bracket pitcher" means something different when used at this time of year (before the season starts) rather than during the middle of the season? Is there ever a time that coaches should use "bracket pitcher only"? How often have you seen this plea for help work out?
"

Sep 3, 2013
Illinois
How come no one is looking for "pool pitchers?" Some tourneys will seed you based on pool game performance and you may only get 1 guaranteed bracket game (single elim).
You have to keep your legacy pitcher parents happy with some pool play innings. Pool play is where you keep your bench player parents happy. But, I also remember as a coach telling myself that and then finding myself in the situation you describe. Tough to say "I'm not going to play my best team to keep the bench happy but it might cost my pitching deficient team a number 1 seed vs a weak low seed where I might be able to rest ace if we jump out to a big lead."

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles