WHEN THE OTHER PITCHER DOMINATES

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
Get tossed so I can go sit in the truck?
I "self-tossed" myself from a State tournament Legion game by arguing with my coach after K'ing on a high fastball (coach told me the pitch was high..no sh*&) thrown by this guy:

Does that count?

The kid who pitched for us actually played in MLB and both of those kids pitched 11 innings (lol..like that would happen today) and left with the score tied 1-1 (it went 19 innings..we lost) which was going to be my next response to the question..e.g. have a pitcher who can match zeroes :)

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
I know you're a baseball hater rad but this one of a few of my all time favorite sports moments to see live. Sitting right behind the 3rd base dugout with a life long astros fan. Two of the first 3 Ks are in the hall now. The 98 stros we a tough offensive team. Seeing this unknown kid deal was like watching Mozart play piano. You just tip your hat

My college roommate was at that game! Go Stros!

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Have to guess. But sometimes the pitcher could tell you what pitch she is going to throw and you still cant hit it. That's dominating. I have seen it a few times but wonder why more hitters don't get in the box an assume a launch position. Kinda like the great Rod Carew use to do. Get real short to the ball.
1597952984919.png

May 23, 2015
Thats awesome. A moment you'll never forget. There was only 11 or 12 people in the stadium. We bought $5 walk ups and we ended up 20 rows deep behind 3rd for a $20 to the usher

At 3:00 the 19th k looked like a whiffle ball

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
At 3:00 the 19th k looked like a whiffle ball
Thats reminds me of wiffle ball with tape around it.
We would take masking tape to add some weight to hit. Throw from greater distance. Roller coaster movement.
Anyone else do this?

Feb 20, 2020
Crowd the plate. In most places we've played, three hit batters means an ejection.

It's a method perfected by the legendary Ernie Pantuso.

Jun 26, 2020
A lot of people forget that Shane Reynolds had a complete game with 10ks in the loss that day. Man that's a heartbreaker

I heard about it at my game and immediately went home and found it on WGN late night. 30 strikeouts and 2 hours long. That's a masterpiece

May 16, 2016
Illinois
There are pitchers who will dominate prepaired batters.
Even at the very top!

What do you do in the game when the other pitcher is dominating?!

First, if the pitcher is dominating. I need my pitcher to dominate also.

Second, this is why I prefer players that have good to great running speed. When you get into a pitching duel, it always ends up being some silly play that wins the game. Speed makes defenses panic, which leads to errors that leads to runs. My answer is small ball, very aggresive base running, and hopefully one timely hit.

I only want 1, or two girls on my team that have slow foot speed, and they better be able to hit the crap out of the ball consistently. Personal preference ^^^.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi