When does the batter start moving.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
I am giving her a handset. I am instructing to stay above the ball, high low in this segment. We are doing the connection drill.

She had Serious bat drag, with DBSF. I gave her the feeling of the loaded barrel, and she is running with that also. One step at a time, because there is always so much to do, with so many.

So for my question, do you start the barrel while reading? Do you start with the location in mind , because this is what you are looking for?
Thanks for the clips

Aug 20, 2017
Whats going on while you are reading the pitch? do you slot? start lowering your hands on a low pitch? What are your arms doing while you are reading the pitch? Assuming you are going to swing and it is your pitch every time, you are going to swing. So as you go through your sequence do your arms and hands begin to move towards the local, AS you read?
This might not be asked in a clear concise way. I like the kids to get to this twitch time in every swing. i would love to see some vids of or a pic of Twitch time.
View attachment 13310

Riding momentum forward with instep pressure on the backfoot maintaining scap load. Dont lower hands on low pitch. Just tilt torso more, stride straight every pitch. The longer you can maintain instep pressure and scap load the the longer your brain has to dissect location and do what needs to be done at contact

Aug 20, 2017
I am giving her a handset. I am instructing to stay above the ball, high low in this segment. We are doing the connection drill.

She had Serious bat drag, with DBSF. I gave her the feeling of the loaded barrel, and she is running with that also. One step at a time, because there is always so much to do, with so many.

So for my question, do you start the barrel while reading? Do you start with the location in mind , because this is what you are looking for?
Thanks for the clips

Hands/Barrel last after front hip clears/moves rearward. Too much lag is created by failure to either maintain scap load until foot plant or failure to load scap at all during stride

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
TEUlLgt.gif

RDbas, are you saying this is point he knows he is swinging in this gif? thats the "twitch point"?

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
Hands/Barrel last after front hip clears/moves rearward. Too much lag is created by failure to either maintain scap load until foot plant or failure to load scap at all during stride

Yes , no slop! I like that and have never heard about holding scap until footplant. good tip

To much "Lag"? or "drag"

Last edited:

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.

Can you point me to a gif or video where a HL hitter loads the scap. Good hitters DON'T load their scaps or load the scap. The scap must be held..clamped down....pinched.....
tumblr_peplkiIAxK1usf292o1_400.gif

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dadmad