Does your DD do a post when she attends college camps?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 25, 2019
What is in the mail? I see these pictures a lot too. Is it just a brochure about the program? How do they determine who to send it to?

Yes, a brochure about the softball program, some stickers, and generally a list of camps and an invitation to said camps. I'll disagree with OrangeSocks a little about the generic mailers. The school my DD committed to sent her mail before Sept 1st. In my opinion, this is a way for coaches to truly show interest since they are not allowed to talk to them before that Spet 1st date. Also, every player that received mail from this college got a call on Sept 1st from this college. So take that as you will....

Dec 15, 2021
As a parent who just went through this and have one daughter at a D3 school and a daughter just commit to a P5 school, it doesn't hurt to post camp pics with or without coaches, highlight vids at the camp, etc. As coaches start to see, then follow on Twitter/X (if they follow), and they have interest in that player, they often look to see what other coaches are following. They will also look at what camps they have been to if they are very interested. Doesn't matter if its a low level D3 up to D1, coaches do notice these things (it made a difference with my younger daughter). And as far as the mail, many times its basic mail from the school or sometimes for one of those large camps run by assistant coaches. But most of the time when i see these posts/pics, when they are larger than normal letter envelopes, they are legit mail from the softball programs with info on the school, the program, and info on camps. I have no issue with them posting those pics. Again, many coaches do see that if a kid is being recruited by several schools, sometimes it can draw the interest of coaches not recruiting that player. It may lead to that coach beginning to follow and recruiting that kid. Nothing though is more important than emailing coaches at schools throughout the year that your daughter is interested in. Highlight videos on Twitter, emails to coaches, and attending camps is how it works. Have a list of 15-20 schools or more to contact from D1 to D3 and get her info out there....but the work has to be done by the player/daughter. NOT THE PARENTS!

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
First off, when my daughter attends a college camp that she chose to attend or got invited to attend, she will email the coaching staff a thank you. That is the priority.

My question is whether it make sense or not if daughter posts photos of herself at the camp: whether that is photos with the coach, on campus, or even some video clips. Is this good for recruiting or visibility?

Or is this a bad look to college coaches if your daughter is looking at various schools where it looks like your daughter is shopping around? And in some cases, the schools compete against each other in the same conference.

Does anybody have insights or experience with this?
That depends upon which teams are recruiting her and who is checking her social media accounts. My dd mentioned the teams recruiting her to a coach when we were headed to Chattanooga one year. The coach was less than kind in response when one team was mentioned and asked my dd if she was serious about that team. My dd handled it pretty well and I thought that it was classless that this particular coach would put her on the spot like that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles