When does/did your DD wear a Defensive Face Mask?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

When does/did your DD wear a Defensive Face Mask?

• Steps on the field

Votes: 20 22.5%
  • All Infield Positions

Votes: 29 32.6%
  • Pitching and Corners

Votes: 18 20.2%
  • Pitching and 3rd

Votes: 7 7.9%
  • Pitching

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Never

Votes: 12 13.5%

• Total voters
Feb 26, 2010
Crazyville IL
The mask started out as just when pitching. Over the past couple years it's become as much a part of her uniform as knee pads and batting helmet.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
Since the braces went on she wears it in the infield but mostly because she can't seem to get comfortable with a mouthguard. Before that only at the corners.

Jul 28, 2008
I put down all infield, but I should have put down pitching and corners since my DD doesn't play middle infield. :)

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
DD suffered an eye injury and was required to wear one by the DR, or not play. So she got use to it, but liked the Rip It over the game face. A partial torn retina from a ball hitting her eye socket , makes you take a different view. It was a soccer ball not a softball , so it doesn't take a hard object. She had goggles for soccer, during that time frame. Hated the goggles.

Jul 26, 2010
All infield. Mostly because it's been engrained into her to practice like she plays, and it's just too silly to have a kid running back and forth to get their mask at practice. Glove goes on, mask goes on, it only comes off if she's in the outfield.

-W

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
I would like to know the age group's that these kids are in

DD is 15 and has never worn face mask. She is in the circle and has never even known someone that wears a mask.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Good point, polls are hard to keep short and sweet. This one also has a pitching bias, sorry.

In a different post you mentioned your DD wears a Schutt mask.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nate321