What's the going rate for a PC where you are?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 27, 2010
We had just gotten knocked off the infield, so there are no nets set up, but here I am.

a>
How about some shin guards as well?

Mar 15, 2010
$20/hr. PC teaches because she loves the game and the girls. With SoCal gas prices the $20 barely covers her gas charges. I have even offered to pay more but she refuses.

May 7, 2008
I am in the northeast and the going rate is $ 75.00 per hour. I do not catch for my students because I find it too distracting to my ability to coach them if I do. If I do not have a catcher, I set up a strike zone in a net or against a fence, and use a bucket full of balls. In the winter months we go inside to a raw warehouse type facility that has a batting cage set up on the top floor. They charge only $ 10.00 per hour to use it, but it can get quite cold in the middle of winter. It has been working for me for a number of years. Oh yes, I too have some trouble getting the fathers to come with their daughters and catch for them. I have some students that bring their mothers or girlfriends that play on the team. Some have even brought their team coaches.

Jul 3, 2009
Amy, move over to the Yellowhammer state. More precisely, the Southeast part of the state where I am. You can find lots of work here. The coach my DD goes to has a waiting list. If a WOMAN were to show up and start giving lessons, she would do well. You can even stay in our guest bedroom (complimentary pitching lessons wouldn't be frowned upon). We're good cooks, too...
:)

The closer to Atlanta you get, the more bid'nass you'd find.

May 25, 2010
I do not catch for my students because I find it too distracting to my ability to coach them if I do.

I never even thought about this, but it makes perfect sense.

During her lessons, I have only caught for her at the times the coach wanted to film her. I usually stay out of sight, because I want them to be totally focused on one another.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Yep. It is better for me to be out beside the pitcher. I love it when the girl's catcher comes, because I can work with both of them.

But, that rarely happens. I guess it is just because of people's busy schedules.

I do tape the girls, so I take a good look at them at home, on the computer.

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
The facilities where I teach charge $40 for a half hour lesson. We split the money, although that doesn't mean anything to the parents. They still pay the full amount.

When I can be outdoors, I charge $20 for a half hour. I produce results, so the parents of my students are happy to pay it. In fact, even when I try to throw in a freebie (such as a summertime tune-up for a kid whom I've worked with indoors all winter) the parents usually insist on paying me anyway.

I know some folks do it for free. It is very noble of them, but in my experience people tend not to value what they don't pay for. Getting paid also makes it easier for me to convince my wife to let me spend so much time teaching softball to other peoples' kids. You can't under-value that!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bake12