What's the going rate for a PC where you are?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 3, 2009
In my area, a little over an hour north of NYC, PC's get between $65 and $90 hr. If I could find one that I thought was decent I would shell out the $65-75 but the one's I've tried haven't been worth it, not at those prices. If I'm going to pay that much the instruction had better be "a lot" better than what I can offer my daughter myself and sadly that hasn't been the case. Always on the lookout though and if anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear them.

Sep 21, 2009
KS
The going rate in the KC area (Kansas side anyway) seems to be $35-$40 per half hour. That goes for batting, too. This is for pitching instruction from former college pitchers. Hitting seems the same, again from former college players, who are now associated with college coaching. There are instructors around who are less (high school girls, retired HS coaches). I think the facility charge contibutes to this price. DD's pitching coach has her own facility and has additional hitting & catching instructors there as well. You bring your own catcher, which is good b/c Dad is her other pitching coach :)

That said...dd (14A pitcher) gave her 1st "lessons" this year to some 1st year rec level pitchers. Her price - free (though the parents insisted on paying her $10 and hour) - after the 1st game she was getting inquiries about her lessons LOL!

Apr 12, 2010
Oregon
Local college coach charges $15/hr, 3 pitchers at a time. Videos, etc. Supplies indoor dirt floor facility as well. Seriously cheap, think she does it because of the love of the game, and seeing pitchers develop (she pitched throughout her career up through college). Think there might be a bit of recruiting that goes on as well :cool::cool:

Oct 18, 2009
Lessons in the northeast from what I've seen in an indoor facility usually are between $40-$50 a half hour (half of that goes to the facility).

May 7, 2008
Morris County, NJ
DD's pitching coach charges $40/ 30 minute privatel lesson. PC does not catch, dad (me) does). Hitting lessons are the same price $40/half hour private lesson.

Group pitching lessons run $15-$20 per hour.

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
DD has been seeing the same PC for a little over 2 years and we pay $40 for a 2 hour lesson that covers about 1 hour on pitching, 1/2 hour on general skills and 1/2 hour on hitting. PC talks to DD before the lesson and concentrates on what she needs help with at that time.

Nov 6, 2008
I charge $20 for ½ hr and have not raised rates in 8 years or so. No group lessons. I teach in a facility that does not charge me, so I do not have to charge to cover their fee. Most around here (Alabama) charge more than that, however I am semi-retired now, have a law enforcement pension and a part time business, so honestly the money is not important to me anymore. I keep the same basic dozen girls and do not accept new students unless one graduates out. Others around here claim to have over 50 students, however that is not something I would be interested in.

The one here in WV that my DD has gone to for a few years charges $45 for an hour and half (90 minutes) private lesson, but she must have a catcher (namely, me) with her. Occasionally he will catch her for part of practice just to get a different perspective.

The coach on her new (as of last fall) travel team also gives lessons at a local facility, and travels up and down the east coast (and is expanding his area) doing clinics at colleges, giving private lessons, etc. I'm sure everyone here has heard of his DD, if not him, but I don't know how much he charges, his pitchers get lessons for free :)

I'm pretty sure he is more than $45 for 90 minutes...maybe $60 for an hour, but I'm not positive.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SecOnd in Comand