What's the going rate for a PC where you are?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 9, 2009
I use a local HS senior here who's taught my DD for a year now. (Her HS team was ranked 4th in nation, so she's actually pretty good!)
She charges me $25/30 min.
She's obviously leaving to play in college at the end of the summer, and her summer is getting pretty full with other softball tournaments and stuff....so I know now that I need to start looking around...

What do you guys pay/charge in your area, and for how much time?

May 25, 2010
$50/hr for a HS senior seems very high to me, but a person does have the right to take whatever the market will pay her. Does she have her own indoor location?

We actually go to a facility that has higher level coaches (not that the basics for a beginner are any different) for $60/hr, but she'll be able to train there through the cold months and she takes batting lessons there as well.

I rationalize the cost because we both like the people there, but for my age group, a local HS player charging $25-30/hr would've been the way to go. I didn't begin investigating that option until we'd already started the academy deal, but turned out not to be an option at all in our town.

Apr 4, 2010
Tucson AZ
$30/half hour, in an indoor facility.

Amy, what if a girl only comes for a 45 minute session? The setup and teardown alone doesn't even seem like it would be worth $20.

Jul 3, 2009
Most of our local coaches here charge $25-$30 for 45 minutes. Not sure how Amy handles it, but here they stack 'em in like cordwood (that's firewood for you yankees reading this)...the coaches work with 3-4 girls at once. I personally think it sucks, one-on-one is the way to go, but I can't seem to find that here. We started with a young college pitcher and one-on-one but between her classes and practice for her team she ran out of time for lessons. We had to settle for the McDonalds version of pitching lessons common in our area and just spend more time at home working on fundamentals and getting reps. One of the pitfalls of country livin' :)

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Last year I was completely full of students.

This year the economy has hit an all time low.

One dad, that was bringing 2 girls a week, lost his job as a Pharmaceutical rep, Dec. 19th. They have 4 kids, new home, 2 cars, etc. No job in sight.

No one around here wants to pay for hitting lessons. They think that all you need to do is sit in the bleachers and yell "keep your elbow up" at their kid.

So, although I do set up stations for hitting lessons, there isn't much set up for pitching.

I will run a practice for $50.00, but again people are out of jobs and can't afford many extras.

Oh, I forgot to tell you, I have to catch 99% of the lessons, too. Not many dads come. I tell them "DD needs to be throwing with you 5 days a week." Nothing.

I look at it as my exercise for the day and I don't need a gym membership.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
We had just gotten knocked off the infield, so there are no nets set up, but here I am.

a>

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SecOnd in Comand